Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   Buck Knives (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/9357-buck-knives.html)

DVW 03-09-2012 09:49 PM

Buck Knives

Took a tour of the Buck Knives factory yesterday with my two boys (9 and 12). It was good. They were very pleasant and welcoming. I liked their little museum and was glad that they let us walk through the factory floor. The employees smiled and were eager to help. When the tour guide came to a new station, the workers would rush to her and present her with what they were working on so she could show us the samples. You could tell that they had a little game going of who would be the first to help her. It made me happy to see a functional and successful family owned business. It was also a little eye opening for my 12 year old. He realized that these people just sit there for 8 or 10 hours a day, every day doing the same thing over and over. So it was a good opportunity to get him thinking about what he wanted to do after high school. If any Buck Knives employees read this... Thanks

scribe 03-10-2012 07:46 AM

Did you get to meet C.J. and hear all about their Buck Bows?:no:

critter gitter 03-10-2012 08:43 AM

that sounds pretty cool

spiker 03-10-2012 12:07 PM

Not too many American family businesses left this is good to hear.I have used a folding 110 for years.Buck makes a good product at fair prices and best of all MADE IN THE USA!!!

Hunting Man 03-10-2012 01:50 PM

Sounds like you all had a nice tour. I like Buck knives also.

DVW 03-10-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiker (Post 68351)
Not too many American family businesses left this is good to hear.I have used a folding 110 for years.Buck makes a good product at fair prices and best of all MADE IN THE USA!!!

Yep, Made in the USA about ten minutes from where I work and across the street from Cabela's. I should have toured them sooner.

buckfever 03-12-2012 12:47 PM

Glad to hear.

Also hope the 12 yr old has a better understanding of how boring work can be if you dont choose a field you really enjoy.

BruceBruce1959 03-12-2012 02:22 PM

That's awesome I bet the tour was great for all.

deerhuntr 04-29-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVW (Post 68347)
Took a tour of the Buck Knives factory yesterday with my two boys (9 and 12). It was good. They were very pleasant and welcoming. I liked their little museum and was glad that they let us walk through the factory floor. The employees smiled and were eager to help. When the tour guide came to a new station, the workers would rush to her and present her with what they were working on so she could show us the samples. You could tell that they had a little game going of who would be the first to help her. It made me happy to see a functional and successful family owned business. It was also a little eye opening for my 12 year old. He realized that these people just sit there for 8 or 10 hours a day, every day doing the same thing over and over. So it was a good opportunity to get him thinking about what he wanted to do after high school. If any Buck Knives employees read this... Thanks

I am glad you had such an enlightening experience.. How much were tickets?