Bad day today - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:47 AM

Default Bad day today

Took the truck through the wash and found where someone has hit me down the passenger side, enough to go through the paint. Not a good day at all. Called insurance and adjuster will look at it Friday. Ticks me off that I get to pay my deductible for someone else's doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 10:29 AM
B&C 180 Class

that stinks HM... but I had to laugh because it makes it sound like your truck was so dirty you didn't notice a dent/scratch!

Good luck to you
Old 01-31-2012, 11:57 AM
B&C 120 Class

Boy that really irks my ---HM!! That's by far my biggest pet peeve, "donated" marks on my vehicle. I remember when we were younger, when something like that happened you either waited for the person or left a note. Nobody does that anymore, now it's just "smash&dash". I know not everyone is guilty of that, but it seems like it's the rule rather than the exception. After 16 years in the same pickup I finally broke down and bought a brand new Ram 1500 4x4 this past March. I've been waiting for the first "donation" and got it a month ago, nice hack mark on the passenger side rear door. I couldn't talk for a week I was so flippin' hot!! People think vehicles are disposable anymore, I guess they all got a lot more money to burn up than me!!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:59 PM
B&C 180 Class

Just like kids wear holes in their jeans, they don't mind dents, scratches or dirt on their vehicles. They just don't care as much as we did and still do for our cars.

WOW that last statement made me feel old.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:15 PM

It was pretty salted/dirty. The scratch is front fender, both doors. Adjuster is coming this Friday.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:45 PM
B&C 160 Class

That just ticks me off
Its not just young folks doings, some old people dont Even know they hit some thing
Old 01-31-2012, 05:38 PM
B&C 140 Class

I watched a guy pull into the parking spot beside me last spring. He pulled in far enough to hit the car on the other side. He backed out and moved down about six spots past me. I sat in my truck till the car that guy hit came out and I told them what happen. That stuff ticks me off as well !!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:29 PM
B&C 100 Class

this the same reason im affraid to get a new vehicle, my truck is so beat up now i cant even tell when it gets a new dent or scratch lol so im stressfree lol but id like somethin nice and new of course but then there comes the worry.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:38 PM

This is probably reason enough to start looking for something new! I hate dings/dents and no one smokes in my trucks. Some say i'm a bit anal in keeping my trucks clean but I've always been that way starting in 1969 so why change now! I had the bed sprayed then put in a full rubber mat so the spray liner wouldn't get dinged up.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
This is probably reason enough to start looking for something new! I hate dings/dents and no one smokes in my trucks. Some say i'm a bit anal in keeping my trucks clean but I've always been that way starting in 1969 so why change now! I had the bed sprayed then put in a full rubber mat so the spray liner wouldn't get dinged up.
Man that stinks getting unknown/parking lot damage. HM, I must be anal too then because im a fanatic about keeping my vehicles as close as possible to that like new apperarance.
I get antsy through the winter months because of the snow/slush/mudd/salt and other debris my boots drag into my vehicle making my floor mats look aweful
BUT I do use an extra pair of mats on top of my original mats too and that does help some.
Also, Keeping them clean and "New like" pays off when it's time to trade in for the next new vehicle, so it does pay off to be anal sometimes.