Deer season success - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:12 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Deer season success

My boy and I ended the season with 2 deer kills. My boy got to shoot a 3 pt buck during the early youth season here in MO. I had a really good season. I seen alot of deer and passed a few that I wish I would have shot now. lol I ended up shooting the first deer to come by during muzzleload season. I shot and killed a 4 pt buck on the opening day of muzzleload season. I enjoyed the woods and had great time, Can't wait til next season! How did everyone else do this season??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2012, 01:08 PM
B&C 180 Class

I got 3 deer this year... one doe and 2 buttons. Overall it was a good year, but with having a new baby at home, I didn't hunt as much as I would've liked to. I think I only took advantage of one hunt during the antlerless-portion we have here in MO. Did make a close shot on a buck,,, but missed him as he walked from a bottom peice of land into the backside of a hill. NO blood, but he was a nice 8... probably a 3 1/2 year old.
Congrats on your season
Old 01-19-2012, 05:56 PM
B&C 120 Class

For me, it was a tremendous season but not because of deer killed. I have been quite sick for three years. Last year I hunted 30 minutes. This year, through a good team of doctors and hard work, I was able to hit the woods for over 35-hours. I killed two bucks and seven does, four with a bow, one with a muzzleloader and four with a rifle. I am almost back to my usual self. Just being in the woods was tremendous. When I killed a deer 45-minutes into our bow season I called my wife from the stand and told her. I was that moved.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:11 PM
B&C 160 Class

Good for you Scribe i seriously dont no if i could live without getting in the woods its so much more than just hunting.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:59 PM
B&C 120 Class

I got my first deer ever (a doe) half hour into the opening day of muzzleloader season. I learned to shoot a bow and shot a nice 8 pt. We didn't find him eventhough we had extra people help look. Took our youngest daughter hinting with us and she thought it was pretty cool to hang outwith mom n dad. Took our boy with us to walk the last weekend of doe season and got to watch him get all worked up when a buck stood 30 yards in front of us. Wish we would have got more deer cause the freezers empty, but got some good memories that will last a lifetime.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:49 AM
B&C 140 Class

Can't say that we had scribe's success here, but we're a lot better off than Kansas.

Had every hunter's dream happen on opening day - bagging a trophy (for Texas) 8 point - and I was in my blind less than an hour. My son bagged a spike during the extended season. Total for us was four - two bucks, one spike, one doe.

That's not bad for having 15 acres on which to hunt and only one lane to safely shoot. Too many neighbors have moved in over the past 10+ years taking away every place else.

RR
Old 01-20-2012, 09:43 AM
B&C 120 Class

Hmmm two bucks, one spike?????????

What the hail was the spike if not a buck? He probably would have been a 10-point next year.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:17 PM
B&C 100 Class

Tator
I failed to memtion that I too shot at and missed a nice 8pt. I had pics of him on trail camera and got a shot at him on opening day of gun season and just flat out missed. He had small crab claws on his G2"s. He should be real nice next season if he makes it through.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Scrub Buck

I got 3 this year on my property. 8pt, spike and a doe. The 8pt and doe were within 10 seconds of each other. I shot the 8pt and turned left to check the other lane and a doe was staring at me "like a deer in the headlights", I had to take her down.

On another note, the BC guys got a good amount this year. Everything from Deer to Eland. It was a good year for everyone.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:40 PM
B&C 160 Class

I had a good time this year hunting..
Seen a lot of deer but Never got a shot at the big one , maybe next year
Ducks hunting has been real good