Deer Hunting Forums banner

Home Improvements

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  AutoHertz 
#1 ·
Thought I'd show you all some of my handy work. This house is the one we bought here in MO 4 years ago this summer. It was a forclosure that we got for WELL under the real value of the house. We love it! These are of the Kitchen... yes it was THAT bad.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
And another BIG transformation... the back of our house.... it's like night and day difference now-- it took ALOT of work. The entire outside of the house had approx 1,000 decorative rocks EVERYWHERE. Thankfully my father-in-law had alot of creek crossings that he needed large smooth rocks for. lol

Attachments

#5 ·
Just gonna load 4 pics for now. If anyone is doing a job like this and wants to see some of the other steps just let me know. I took around 40 pics through the process. We added a laundry chute on the side of the vanity as well. When ever I get my lid designed and installed I will add a pic of that as well. It drops the dirty clothes directly into the laundry room in the basement. I havent been on here hardly as all between the bathroom and work I have done nothing else.

We gutted this baby to the studs. New insulation, floors, ceiling, etc. The whole thing is new.

#9 ·
BF and Tator, NICE JOBS both you guys!! I spent 42 years in construction, that's some nice work by both of you. I did the same thing to my house almost 7 years ago, started at one end and ripped out every piece of trim, doors and windows, carpeting and tile. It wasn't that it was bad, it was just very dated and needed a massive face lift. 6 panel oak doors, oak trim, low-E windows, etc. Really put a dent in my hunting fund!!!

#10 ·
your bathroom looks good BF! our house is a quad level (which includes the basement). If you notice, on the back of the house pic, there is a pool ladder and there was an above ground pool that sat right there at the base of the deck. That was alot of fun getting all that dirt work drug back around and spread out with just a tractor and blade. The back deck was just a plateform deck so we added the railings and everything to it. ALSO if you look close in the newer pic there are 2 sliding glass doors on theback of the house,, the upper one goes into the kitchen and the lower on into the den/living space. When we bought the house (in the green pic) that door to the kitchen wasn't there. We knocked it out and put in a door there and built an upper tier to the deck (2 levels now). We love it. The only thing I don't like about our house is that it's somewhat choppy. Not much of an open concept. It's a mid-70's style house. I told my wife if we had more time, I would've liked to have redone ALL the sheetrock in the entire house. It took my dad and I to completely redo the entire house with the bathrooms being the majority of time (3 1/2 baths) They all needed knew vanities and toilets and showers and bathtubs and tile and sheetrock etc....

BF I know what you are talking about with the laundry shoot. We had one growing up in our house that went from the upstairs to the main floor then down to the basement.
In our house now, I made one but it's in our bedroom in my closet (that's the ONLY place I could put it) and I just made mine out of wood 1x12's. It drops the clothes right down into our laundry room. Kinda proud of it! lol

#11 ·
Great job you guys. Feel free to come by and help us on ours any time.:yes:We need to finish the trim on the bedroom and bathroom up stairs, put in a tub upstairs and then rip everything out of our bathroom downstairs. I keep putting it off cause its hard to get much done with kids trying to "help" you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.