Deer Hunting Forums banner

True?

6K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Dylan 
#1 ·
Noit sure but thought it was neat to share

I am a hunter & own guns.
True story and most people will never know it.

Here’s an interesting side bar.

After the Japanese decimated our fleet in Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941,
They could have sent their troop ships and carriers directly to California
To finish what they started.
The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a
Massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River .
Remember, we had a 2 million man army and war ships…...
All fighting the Germans.

So, why did they not invade?

After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question.
Their answer…...
They know that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them..

The world's largest army... America's hunters!
I had never thought about this....

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and
Arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin ..
Allow me to restate that number.
Over the last several months, Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

More men under arms than in Iran ..

More than in France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt
With firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of
Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters All of whom have now returned home.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally
Establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

The point?

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower. Hunting. It's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought when next we consider gun control.

See less See more
#3 ·
I know HM it didn't mention NH either & who the heck would want to invade Wisconsin? like there is anything there to invade

#17 ·
I like the sarcasim of the sign! I once thought about printing a peice of paper and putting it on my walk-out basement door that read:

"COMON' IN, I'M SIGHTED IN AT 200 YDS WITH MY 30-06, SO IF THE SHOTGUN DON'T GET YA, THE RIFLE WILL BEFORE YOU GET OFF THE PROPERTY!"

#19 ·
I was wondering how long it would take someone to spoil this thread with the truth...it was the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor that actually got the United States into the war in both Europe and the Pacific.

Japan never had any intention of invading the mainland U.S. There ground forces were already quite busy in China and the Pacific Rim anyway, and they would have lacked the forces to do so had they wanted to.

#21 ·
The story in part, is true. actually the emporer of Japan during ww2, emporer hirohito had in his earlier years, spent time in the US attending college. it was during his stay that he observed the fact that most US households had guns, as hunting was still a big contributer to putting food on the table. He remembered this fact when it came time to launching the attacks on Pearl Harbor. this fact came to light during a meeting with the emporer soon after the surrender of Japan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.