Deer Hunting Forums banner

Realy Basic Question

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  rdrader2002 
#1 ·
i know that .308 is basicly a 7.62x51mm. i know that a 7.62x51mm rifle can shoot a 7.62x39mm round. what i dont know is can a .308 rifle shoot a 7.62x39mm round.???????

#4 ·
my .02 worth says if it aint stamped on the barrel dont put it in the chamber. it could be the worse day of the rest of your life.there is alot more to it than just fitting in the chamber. like putting a 45LC in a 410. it will work,but alot of bad things can happen.The 410 is not designed for that kind of pressure.barrel could split or worse you could get parts of the chamber in your face. Be very carefull if your gonna do stuff like that. Best thing is DONT do it

#5 ·
like putting a 45LC in a 410. it will work,but alot of bad things can happen.The 410 is not designed for that kind of pressure.barrel could split or worse you could get parts of the chamber in your face. Be very carefull if your gonna do stuff like that. Best thing is DONT do it
That reminded me of this video.

Lost Arts Part 5: The Little .410 Shotgun that Could - YouTube

Also, a 308 rifle can fire 7.62x51 but a 7.62x51 rifle cannot fire 308 due to 308 having a higher chamber pressure.

#8 ·
HuntNH I like the scout rifle too but it is pricey
Love my mini 30 very accurate rifle & almost no recoil
if you want to try a mini before buying one just let me know

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.