Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   little girls first hunt (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/9131-little-girls-first-hunt.html)

Kansasdoe 01-07-2012 02:40 PM

little girls first hunt

Hubby and I are gonna take our almost 4 yr old daughter out to sit in the haybale blind with us this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed for me that she can stay quiet n we see something. she's so excited about going with mom and dad!:yes:

rdrader2002 01-07-2012 03:39 PM

Congrats on introducing the next generation of hunters to the sport. . .

Wish I could have been there when my son-in-law took my two granddaughters out with him. One couldn't sit still 'cause she was real young, but the eldest watched and waited. Don't thing BF got anything that day, but I know for certain that my grandkids will be hunters some day.

Again, kudos to mom and dad! ! !

RR

bigevil1 01-07-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kansasdoe (Post 66248)
Hubby and I are gonna take our almost 4 yr old daughter out to sit in the haybale blind with us this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed for me that she can stay quiet n we see something. she's so excited about going with mom and dad!:yes:

awesome and good luck!

scribe 01-08-2012 12:50 PM

Four years old...sit still?????

Just make sure she can stay warm and has plenty to eat and play with. Seeing a deer is just a big bonus. My daughter was sitting in my lap when a big ole doe walked out at 20-yards. She screamed with delight, "Daddy, Daddy, there's a bwig deer!" One of my best hunts ever...28-years ago.:thumbup:

Kansasdoe 01-08-2012 02:15 PM

She did ok. She was a little to noisy with her snacks, got tired of her coloring book, and didn't get to see a deer, but last night after supper I heard her proudly tell her big sister that she got to go hunting with mom and dad. She said it like she had won the lottery or something! I also got the cutest pic ever as we were walking in, bit I can't get it to post on here. I don't know what I'm doing wrong cause I've posted pics before.

timberghost 01-08-2012 03:21 PM

Glad to hear you all had a nice time afield even though no deer were seen.

tator 01-09-2012 08:59 AM

that's great! I have a 3 y/o boy that is NO where close to being ready to hunt. I think the longest he can sit still is about .00000000001 seconds.

haha love that little booger!

Kansasdoe 01-09-2012 10:03 AM

I want to get the pic on here but it still won't work. Any one got any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

tomlightfield 01-09-2012 10:17 AM

This electronic stuff is definitely NOT my forte, sorry about that, but just wanted to compliment you and hubby for giving up some of your hunting time to take your little one with you. This is how memories for life are made, by doing stuff like this!!

BruceBruce1959 01-09-2012 10:23 AM

Kansasdoe, I don't know how you're trying to post your pictures but it seems like the easiest way for others has always been to use a site like
Photobucket as a host site, which is free to use and just paste the img links from photobucket right into this text box.
Do you use Photobucket?