Distrubing HS basketball video... - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:25 AM
B&C 180 Class

Default Distrubing HS basketball video...

Connell vs. Highland (Washington)

Watching this makes me sick. If that boy did all this to my son, there'd be a video on the internet with an angry dad coming and taking care of business. This boy should've been ejected. Absolutely NO room for this in HS sports. Obviously he finds it funny being 300 pounds and throwing other teenagers to the floor. If you watch closely, he smiles and smirks after each one.
In my opinion, the coaches (YES ALL OF THEM ON THAT TEAM) should be fired that very next day. Teaching job and coaching. SEE YA. Those two boys doing this, should be suspended from playing ANY sports in the state of Washington for 365days. AND- they should get the doctor bills sent to them from the kids who they more than likely hurt and they should have to do community work for 100+ hours to pay for it.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 12:33 PM
B&C 140 Class

One thing about bullies like that . . . . . . eventually they will run into someone who is bigger and badder than they are. Really enjoy reading about bullies who end up getting their due . . .

RR
Old 01-05-2012, 06:48 PM
B&C 120 Class

It makes my blood boil.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:04 PM

I would have call all the parents, people in the stands to take the court and not left till the refs threw the bums out. I have no patience for that!!! Could have called the police for assult, show them the recorded video.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:33 PM
B&C 100 Class

IMO only two of those were flagrants, but they were so flagrant he should have been ejected, thrown off the team and suspended. The kid has no basketball skills whatsoever. He had to be put there by virtue of size and intimidation factor

Now for the coach- why is he even coaching?
Old 01-06-2012, 02:55 AM
B&C 120 Class

I saw this yesterday also and the most shocking thing about the whole deal is that supposed ADULTS just watched this continue over and over. And yeah, that big retarded squid kept laughing and smirking everytime he whacked another kid. He should go play hockey, still the only sport where street fightin' is legal. Except I would bet money he doesn't have enough brain cells to make his feet move while chewing gum at the same time. Don't forget, many lessons are taught and learned in dark parking lots, you never know.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
they were so flagrant he should have been ejected, thrown off the team and suspended. The kid has no basketball skills whatsoever. He had to be put there by virtue of size and intimidation factor

Now for the coach- why is he even coaching?
I agree also blame the Ref's why were they not ejected?

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 01-06-2012, 07:11 AM
B&C 160 Class

The bully teams coach should be tossed out along with the players
Old 01-06-2012, 11:15 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by delbert View Post
The bully teams coach should be tossed out along with the players

So a slap on the wrist ehh? I disagree. FIRED. How stupid do you have to be to leave two kids like this in a game? First off, I'm a basketball coach, and it takes no dummy to realize these kids were OBVIOUSLY told to act this way. Intimidate/be physical towards the other team. There are many coaches I coach against that have the morals of the devil. They'll win at any cost... and I do mean ANY cost. Those two boys should not be permitted to play in ANY athletic contest or practice for 365days. They both also should be charged with assault. Now what would be really funny (FUNNY ENOUGH TO SLAP THE SMIRK OFF THAT ONE KID'S FACE) is if either of them is 18 and any of the boys "attacked" was under 18.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:10 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
IMO only two of those were flagrants, but they were so flagrant he should have been ejected, thrown off the team and suspended. The kid has no basketball skills whatsoever. He had to be put there by virtue of size and intimidation factor

2011-2012 NFHS Basketball Rules Book
Rule 4-19-4, Pg 31
A flagrant foul may be a personal foul or technical foul of a violent or savage nature, or a technical noncontact foul which displays unacceptable conduct. It may or may not be intentional. If personal, it involves, but is not limited to violent contact such as: striking, kicking and kneeing. If technical, it involves dead-ball contact or noncontact at any time which is extreme or persistent, vulgar or abusive conduct. Fighting is a flagrant foul.

Foul #1: this is a flagrant foul because he STRIKES the other player. He physically lowers his arm with intent to harm the player he's opposing.

Foul #2: this is a flagrant foul because if you watch closely he uses his lower body to push him out of bounds as well as try to strip the ball from him. This is probably the one that could go both ways. The ONLY one.

Foul #3: this is flagrant because if you watch closely, he uses his arm in a downward motion with the intent to harm. Seriously, does he think he's going to block a shot standing on the floor? If I'm the ref, it's a no brainer.

Foul #4: this is flagrant because the kid places both his hand in the middle of his opposition's back and shoves him forward. This is not football, this is basketball. There is no where that it says one player can PUSH to the ground another. Flagrant.

Foul #5: This one to me is the worst. This jerk has already gotten away with 2 of these "hard fouls" so he's thinking "WHY THE HECK NOT". He has NO intent of playing defense, and NO intent of trying to go for the ball. His intent is to harm here. NO if's and's or but's. He closelines the kid for heaven's sake.

Foul #6: This is one that could possibly go either way. After watching this closely, his own teammate may have helped him "fall". BUT, there is still a downward action to the arm of #34. Plus #42 takes his legs out from under him, if you watch closely.

Case and point, this game got out of hand. The refs are obviously ignorant of basketball rules. Maybe the head coach of these two kids is a bully too? who knows.