Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   Another injection (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/9020-another-injection.html)

Hunting Man 12-19-2011 06:45 AM

Another injection

Not looking forward to tomorrow morning. Get the second harpoon in the neck. About 8 hrs later one feels like a sledge hit you. Not trying to whine too much just a little down after a bad night at work. Two plant shutdowns then a big rig slammed into our company pick-up truck. Talk about reports to file, not good. Getting to old to be chasing a refinery from end to end maybe that's why I need the pain in the neck shot??? :ranting:

tomlightfield 12-19-2011 07:07 AM

REAL sorry to hear that HM, doesn't sound like much fun at all. I remember my boss telling me about 20 yrs ago "Wait 'til you turn 60, stuff starts happenin'"Man was he ever right. What I could tell you for sure is that whoever said how great the "Golden Years" are needs a bullet in the forehead!!

tator 12-19-2011 08:14 AM

Remind me again what the shots are for??? that would really suck man, I'd hate to get a shot in the neck!

bigevil1 12-19-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomlightfield (Post 65411)
REAL sorry to hear that HM, doesn't sound like much fun at all. I remember my boss telling me about 20 yrs ago "Wait 'til you turn 60, stuff starts happenin'"Man was he ever right. What I could tell you for sure is that whoever said how great the "Golden Years" are needs a bullet in the forehead!!

geez 60????? 40 for me and i started falling apart!:yucky:

tator 12-19-2011 10:30 AM

Heck at 31 my back is about as stiff as it can get in the mornings! Keep telling my wife that a guy who is 6'3" and 280 needs a KING size bed.... we currently have a queen which isn't very comfortable.

tomlightfield 12-19-2011 10:33 AM

Boy Evil, 40's??? You ought to use one of my boss's sure cures for that, but not too often. He says that a can of Miller Lite and a shot of Christian Brothers can once in a while be"The Breakfast of Champions!" Just a thought!

spiker 12-19-2011 11:50 AM

Hm i get the epidurals in the neck 3 times a year and also the nerve block.The nerve block is fun right into the back of the head and then it feels like your head is gonna explode.Funny thing with the epidurals the 1st two did nothing but the 3rd brought me some relief.I refuse to take the garbage they want me on because of my daughter.Mind over matter and some beer & beam on the days i dont have her.Good Luck pal i know it isnt fun.

BruceBruce1959 12-19-2011 12:20 PM

OUCH HM, I feel your pain buddy, hopefully this will be one of their better injections and you'll be up and back on track in no time at all.

Good Luck my friend...

scribe 12-19-2011 01:52 PM

LOL- I am set for injection number three on Jan 26. Sledge hammer my asse. It is a freakin jack hammer. But it works. They think this will be the last one in my neck and in four months they can start on L-3. I have had a total of five so far and just hope to avoid surgery.

Just remember, don't move and don't eat for 24-hours prior.

:thumbup:

timberghost 12-19-2011 09:24 PM

Cortizone shots???? I get those from time to time in my knucks, wrists, elbows, and shoulders if that's the stuff you get but I think you may get some heavier goods shot in your neck....