Deer Hunting Forums banner

Another injection

6K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  tomlightfield 
#1 ·
Not looking forward to tomorrow morning. Get the second harpoon in the neck. About 8 hrs later one feels like a sledge hit you. Not trying to whine too much just a little down after a bad night at work. Two plant shutdowns then a big rig slammed into our company pick-up truck. Talk about reports to file, not good. Getting to old to be chasing a refinery from end to end maybe that's why I need the pain in the neck shot??? :ranting:

#2 ·
REAL sorry to hear that HM, doesn't sound like much fun at all. I remember my boss telling me about 20 yrs ago "Wait 'til you turn 60, stuff starts happenin'"Man was he ever right. What I could tell you for sure is that whoever said how great the "Golden Years" are needs a bullet in the forehead!!

#7 ·
Hm i get the epidurals in the neck 3 times a year and also the nerve block.The nerve block is fun right into the back of the head and then it feels like your head is gonna explode.Funny thing with the epidurals the 1st two did nothing but the 3rd brought me some relief.I refuse to take the garbage they want me on because of my daughter.Mind over matter and some beer & beam on the days i dont have her.Good Luck pal i know it isnt fun.

#8 ·
OUCH HM, I feel your pain buddy, hopefully this will be one of their better injections and you'll be up and back on track in no time at all.

Good Luck my friend...

#9 ·
LOL- I am set for injection number three on Jan 26. Sledge hammer my asse. It is a freakin jack hammer. But it works. They think this will be the last one in my neck and in four months they can start on L-3. I have had a total of five so far and just hope to avoid surgery.

Just remember, don't move and don't eat for 24-hours prior.

:thumbup:

#11 ·
Hunting Man;
I feel for you. I went through two rounds of that before they gave up and cut me open. I had a bulged disk in my neck. They didn't replace the disk, they just did a roto-rooter job on my nerve passageway and made more room for the nerves and the bulge. That was two years ago and things are MUCH better now. Getting old heck, I'm just now turning 35 (tomorrow's my B-day).

#13 ·
Ive had 7 of them shots in my spine.more pain from the shots than what little relief I got.I woke up out of anistsia once when they penetrated my spine.Doc started yellin and nurse hit me with another needle,lights out. Later Doc said of his 30+yrs in med. he has never seen anybody wake up like that after being put to sleep.after this procedure you get home asap before the drugs wear off and get into bed.you do not want to move for anything for the next 24hrs.pee in a milk jug and you dont want to have to poop.if you do you hold it so long that when you do go it just comes out.if you give a good grunt youll probally pass out from the pain.:thumbdown:

#14 ·
DVW, I work as an Operation's supervisor in a sulfuric acid refinery. Currently into my 37th year there. Lots of changes and owners over the years but the process is basically the same. We process returned acid, burn sulfur and H2S to make new acid then sell it back to all the petroleum refineries in the midwest area.

#15 ·
There is just no fun in the darn shots. I had some titanium put in in 2007 and never got any pain reduction. Now two more disks have decided to move around and cause some additional grief. Oh well, still hunting and fishing and breathing which is a good thing. Tomorrow night about 8-9 pm you all will hear me :crybaby:.

#20 ·
Anything with your spine is a crap shoot.I couldnt stand it anymore and had a neck disc replacement c5-c6-c7 are now replaced.I went from being in hell to now in agony.Its amazing what you can learn to tolerate.Constant pain sucks but i think these surgeries and treatments are alot of snakeoil.Ya i could be pain free should i take oxycodone 4x a day,flexeril,and then a zanax at nite.I may as well shoot heroin its complete nonsense so i tolerate best i can.Some days after work just need to lay down.Oh well just saying i think alot of it is b.s.

#24 ·
Pretty cool with all the things available. One guy at work has an isulin pump that be adjusted. Advances come along all the time, we just have to weigh the benefits from the drawbacks. Pain is a bad thing to wake up to everyday a lot of people learn to deal with it, others need help just to function. This is one area that isn't mind over matter for a lot of us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.