Sad/Funny but true story! lol - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:56 AM
B&C 180 Class

Default Sad/Funny but true story! lol

"One day a woman sent her husband to the supermarket to pick up a few things and while there in the store, he realized he had left his keys in the car in the ignition. And on that key ring, was his house keys as well. As the husband was checking out of the supermarket, he kept hoping and praying that everything was ok with his car in the parking lot. As he came out of the supermarket his worst fears were made true, his car was gone. He searched the entire parking lot hoping he'd find it somewhere but it was in fact, gone.
Well of course, the husband calls the police and files a report and is so disgusted with himself and cursing society today for the nerve of someone to come and steal his car in a parking lot!
The very next morning the husband wakes up and looks out the window of his bed room and what he sees next he cannot believe! His car is back in the driveway! He rushed downstairs thinking he HAS to be dreaming, but sure enough as he flings the front door wide open he sees the sedan sitting in the driveway. Better still, he notices the car had been freshly washed and waxed and shined like the day he brought it home. As he approached the car he opened the driver's side door and saw a note laying on the seat. As he sat down in the driver's seat he opened up the note and it read, 'Dear kind Sir, I am so sorry that I took your car yesterday. I was in a dire need of a vehicle because there was an emergency I needed to tend to with my family. Once again, accept my apology and sincere regret for doing this horrible act. As a sign of thank you, I washed, waxed and swept out your car. I even gassed it up for you and there is a full tank for you! If you look on the passenger seat I have also left you two tickets. These tickets are good for this Sunday's Dallas Cowboy's football game. Enjoy them on me, and once again, I'm sorry!'
Well the man didn't know what to do. He was shocked. His emotions had taken a complete 180 turn and he couldn't believe the generousity of this person to gas his car, wash his car AND give him 2 Cowboy tickets, let alone, BRING HIS CAR BACK IN ONE PIECE! As he walked inside, his excitement rose as he showed the tickets to his wife and told her about the note this generous person had left them. That Sunday the husband and wife went to the Dallas Cowboy's football game for the first time ever. They had the time of their life as they had never been to one, but had always wanted to go. As they arrived home that evening, the couldn't believe how much fun they had at the game. As they opened the door to their house, they came in and had been cleaned out! Remember, there were house keys on the key ring..."

I know, I know, it's kinda clever but at the same time, this is a true story and would absolutely make your stomach turn if it happened to you!

Last edited by tator; 12-13-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 12:19 PM

wow. those thieves had a brain.

Talked about ticked off though. I wonder if the guy called the cops and told them about the note, tickets, etc.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:24 PM
B&C 140 Class

If it were me and my house, I'm afraid he would have gotten either a shotgun or an M-1 Carbine in the face when he tried to open the front door. You see, even though I am a tried and true Texas, I have NEVER been a Dallas Cowboys fan. At best, I would have sold the tickets and saved the $$ for Christmas presents for the kids.

Feel bad for the people in the story, but if some things seem just too good to be true, then they probably are . . . .

RR
Old 12-13-2011, 09:39 PM

That's really a true story???? The nerve of some people to do bad things like that.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:13 PM

it wouldn't put it past me if it were true I have heard of scams like that happening

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 12-14-2011, 02:22 PM
B&C 180 Class

Yes it was true... heard it on Christian Radio the other day- they said it happened hear Dallas, TX