Deer Hunting Forums banner

Thieves

6K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  spiker 
#1 ·
In September my cabin and several others places were broken into.They took everything of value and these burglaries kept escalating into December.Well it appears the NYS Troopers have caught them(google Wellsville daily reporter father&son burglary team).What a wonderful skill to teach your son:crazy:.Anyway goin up Thursday to look at the stolen property but to everyone watch what you leave at camp its a sign of the times.

#3 ·
Sorry to hear that spiker hope you get all your stuff back some people should be fixed at birth sorry but I worked hard for the little extras I have & would be beyond angry if some IDIOT stole it & only to find out he is teaching his kid to do the same instead of working hard & earning it boils my blood
again good luck spiker

#9 ·
Ghost i would love to take you up on that:boxing:.I spoke to a trooper friend of mine and he said it doesnt look like much of my property is there but im gonna look anyway.Most of the stuff was sold on the internet.I know with all the people these scumbags robbed i would only feel safe in jail.

#10 ·
I feel for you Spiker! Hate thieves and poachers with a passion. Although we're taught that we should forgive and forget, something like this would be very, very difficult to do.

Any way of at least getting the $$ back from those scumbags? Can you sue them for lost property values?? Anything to get some sort of monetary restitution?

RR

#11 ·
They told me it was a long shot none of them have jobs but they said the judge could order restitution.I hope for some lenghty jail time and its a small town people arent gonna forget who did this.Who knows restitution can come in many forms.

#13 ·
Well i met with the troopers and the only thing i got back was big buddy heater.They were selling everything on craigslist thats how they got caught.On the plus side i was able to press additional charges of burglary.Total Scumbags i couldnt believe the lives they disrupted this year.I would drop all charges for 15 minutes alone with anyone of these scumbags.Anyway no deer with the muzzleloader and thats it for this year besides getting robbed had a great hunting season.

#16 ·
Just an update. Recieved a letter from Alleghany county DA office and the trial is coming up.Seems to me the friend who was helping the scumbag father&son burglary team is testifying against them.The property they stole went up to 100,000 and they face numerous charges in NY&Pa.Ill update again when i know more.

#24 ·
Hey I agree with TG & HM, That newer Honda 4 wheeler on that brand new flatbed trailer you hauled it with,
not to mention the unreplaceable trophy mounts that were taken. Didn't your camp have one of those 6500 watt Honda Generators too,
Geeesh, I think those cost like $4500.00 Bucks. :w00t:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.