Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   Cabela's (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/8955-cabelas.html)

Hunting Man 12-10-2011 08:58 PM

Cabela's

Not to happy today. I spent 1.5 hrs waiting for my number to be called, #107 and when it did get called, they had sold out on the 223 rifle. :ranting:I asked for a rain check, nope, not on sale items. I say BULL, after that wait Bass Pro will get my business. They should have posted a sign of the sold out items then I could have went home. Still would have been mad but..... I watched only about 5-6 of the rifles get sold during the 1.5 hr wait????? Makes you wonder just how many they actually had.

timberghost 12-11-2011 11:54 AM

A place of that magnatude should never be short or ever sold out on anything. It's like the Walmart of the hunting world.

delbert 12-11-2011 06:09 PM

I gota be real hungry to stand in line
online shopin is the way to go

96xjclassic 12-11-2011 07:12 PM

That stinks. I'm sorry to hear that. I've only heard good things about Cabela's.:thumbdown:

on_the_fly 12-11-2011 08:22 PM

They should had posted a sign for what they were out of ! And with that kind of a wait they should have maybe even made a P.A announcement on sell out items, I'm betting your probably not the only one that day that waited to hear sorry sold out !! I too would spend my money else were for now on.

BruceBruce1959 12-12-2011 05:37 AM

thats crazy, how much were they selling the .223 for?

gfdeputy2 12-12-2011 06:12 AM

would think they would have done something for you for waiting 1.5 hrs
even a gift card or something

timetohunt 12-12-2011 07:30 AM

Everytime that I have been to Cablelas during big sales in Hamburg PA they did announce when on sale items were sold out. Theres always a ridiculous line to get to the firearms counter despite having many people working it. The waits are terrible but from cabelas perspective thats good buisness.

tator 12-12-2011 08:57 AM

I heard around there in Missouri on BLACK FRIDAY many of the wal-marts were avertising flat-screen TV's for rediculous prices, but when shoppers got there, there were only 5 available. They use that to draw you in thinking you'll end up spening money once you're there. Now that said, what I've done in the past with items I think are going to go fast, I find the MANAGER the day before and ask him/her how many there are going to be. Many times they tell me. Not always though...

Hunting Man 12-12-2011 12:36 PM

BB they were 599 and included 2 30 rd clips. I got there at 9:30am, they open at 9am, I was # 107 by then. For a gigantic sale as advertised, I would have thought they would have had 100 of those rifles. Maybe it was the old bait and switch as the counter boy said, we do have the S&W for a $100 more. I've purchased enough stuff from Cabela's over the years that they should have gave me one of those rifles, oh that's right they're sold out. I should call today and see if they have one in stock. I would just get mad twice probably.