Okay-Another question - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:05 AM
B&C 120 Class

Default Okay-Another question

How do I send a private message to another member?

How do youo post one of these smilies in a reply? I can do it in an original message but can't figure out how to post them in a reply. I find them quite valuable to indicate when I am joking because my sense of humor is often not understood.

Until I get all the kinks figured out, you will have to cut me some slack. I have only been using a computer for about ten years so am mostly illiterate. However, I do intend to get a cell phine some day...and that is not a joke. I do not own one.

Thanks for your help in walking me through these.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2011, 12:06 PM
B&C 140 Class

I'll post here too.
The easiest way to send pm or view other members profiles is click on their name beside their avitar pic and a minue will pop up with options to choose from

And the smiley's should post the same as you posted the angry face in all post new, old, response, or what ever, it's always to the right and always a (more) option at the bottom of that to pick even more face'es from
Old 12-03-2011, 01:41 PM
B&C 120 Class

10-4 on the opm, got that figured out.

10-0 on the smilies. Nothing to the right, nothing at the bottom. Let me see if they show up under edit.

Nope, no faces. I only get them on the original post or maybe a quote...let me check that.

Yes, they are there if I quote

Last edited by scribe; 12-03-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:44 PM
B&C 120 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribe View Post
10-4 on the opm, got that figured out.

10-0 on the smilies. Nothing to the right, nothing at the bottom. Let me see if they show up under edit.

Nope, no faces. I only get them on the original post or maybe a quote...let me check that.

Yes, they are there if I quote
Quoting myself and and and all are there
Old 12-03-2011, 06:37 PM
B&C 120 Class

Yea!!!! It has been esplained to moi. I was using the quick reply instead of the new reply. Another mystery solovted.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:49 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribe View Post
However, I do intend to get a cell phine some day...and that is not a joke. I do not own one.

Somedays I wish I never had one. We actually got rid of our land-line (home phone) because all we were getting calls from was telemarketers and our friends and family were calling our cell phones. So we go rid of that house phone and just use our cells now. Sometimes I "leave" it out in the truck for the day! lol

BTW--- when you do a quick reply, you can't use the smilies (I think you figured that out though)... If you want to quote multiple people in a reply hit the button between the "QUOTE" and "QUICK REPLY"... it should have a " with a + sign after it. Click it on every post you want to quote and reply to, and when you are done clicking the "+ then hit "QUOTE" on one of the posts and they all will be quoted in your text box for you to reply to. Hope that wasn't confusing
Old 12-05-2011, 10:42 AM

i know this is off topic kinda but we dont have a land line either.. Just cell phones for the wife and I..

Glad you are gettin it all figured out scribe..
Old 12-05-2011, 10:58 AM
B&C 140 Class

QUOTE from Scribe: **** However, I do intend to get a cell phone some day...and that is not a joke. I do not own one.****

Don't do it!! I was just talking to a Buddy at work here about his trip to Illinois (and his hunt!) and asked how he made out. Turns out he managed to creep up within 10-15 yards of a nice 8 pnt, across a wooded ditch. The deer put it's head down, he began to raise his rifle and his cell phone went off in his pocket. Snort, run...RUN, RUN....

So, my advice is, don't do it!!

Well, unless you learn how to turn all sounds off before going in the woods.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:14 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner View Post
So, my advice is, don't do it!! Well, unless you learn how to turn all sounds off before going in the woods.

ummm actually, that's probably the easiest thing to learn on a cell phone... how to make it silent or vibrate. I set mine to vibrate b/c if I get a text or phone call I at least want to check it. PLUS, many times my wife has called and said she needs help with the kids or needs me to run to the store or something asap, so yes, I do the loving husband thing and climb down and do it.

On the other hand,,, with being 15+ feet up a tree and being 280lbs, I'd kinda like to be able to call someone (LIKE 911) if my butt fell somehow.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:49 AM
B&C 100 Class

i like my cell in the stand also. if nothing else to pass time away. i can read news, check the weather, among countless other things. tx messaging buddies hunting to b sure of their location.