Semantics - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 08:50 AM
B&C 100 Class
 
Dylan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
Don't think it's a case of being pc. Think it's just trying to use different words to kill. If you wrote kill kill kill kill kill all the time it would get boring. Maybe.
Dylan is offline  
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 08:54 AM
B&C 180 Class
 
tator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North-Central Missouri
Posts: 3,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Don't think it's a case of being pc. Think it's just trying to use different words to kill. If you wrote kill kill kill kill kill all the time it would get boring. Maybe.

Very true...

James 1:2-8
tator is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon, Ohio
Posts: 8,381
Folks, I'll call it like I see it, free speech entitles me to say what I want and how I want. Not looking to start any writers quarrel but I don't see an issue here that warrants much debate! We all express ourselves as individuals it's what separates us from each other. I harvest, take, remove, eliminate, reduce, control, and yes, kill deer. I really don't care what phrase is used it all means the same to me. Obviously, I'm not a professional writer thus I'm not concerned with PC issues!
Hunting Man is offline  
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 07:14 PM
B&C 140 Class
 
Predator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Belvidere, Illinois
Posts: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribe View Post
Not if youens are from E. TN. It isn't expected.
didnt you mean, it aint expected?

PSE 2006 FIRESTORM LITE #70
PSE 2009 TREESTAND GX #70
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70


The Devils Advocate

Revelation 22:17



Predator is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 07:23 PM
B&C 140 Class
 
Predator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Belvidere, Illinois
Posts: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
Folks, I'll call it like I see it, free speech entitles me to say what I want and how I want. Not looking to start any writers quarrel but I don't see an issue here that warrants much debate! We all express ourselves as individuals it's what separates us from each other. I harvest, take, remove, eliminate, reduce, control, and yes, kill deer. I really don't care what phrase is used it all means the same to me. Obviously, I'm not a professional writer thus I'm not concerned with PC issues!

not a whole lot going on any other time and its as good a debate as any other. I say keep em coming. we need to encourage more input into the forum. this is what makes things interesting.

PSE 2006 FIRESTORM LITE #70
PSE 2009 TREESTAND GX #70
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70


The Devils Advocate

Revelation 22:17



Predator is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 06:11 AM
B&C 160 Class
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: new york
Posts: 1,115
I think all these kind terms started when they realized the money that can be made with these shows.You see the pretty girls hunting and using the proper words.Hunting is now commercialized and big business.I make no apologies for my camp.WE DRINK BEER & WHISKEY,SWEAR,KILL& EAT DEER AND I WOULDNT CHANGE A THING.
spiker is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 06:27 PM
B&C 140 Class
 
rdrader2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 824
Me Neither!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
I think all these kind terms started when they realized the money that can be made with these shows.You see the pretty girls hunting and using the proper words.Hunting is now commercialized and big business.I make no apologies for my camp.WE DRINK BEER & WHISKEY,SWEAR,KILL& EAT DEER AND I WOULDNT CHANGE A THING.
And I wouldn't change a thing either!!!

RR
rdrader2002 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome