Running deer off - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:27 AM

NO problem Tator I know what you are saying I know it probably would not work out there
I feel NH has a pretty good safety record most accidents are hunters within the same group & the # of accidents continue to drop
we have been avg. approx 3 per year don't hold me to this but I think most of those now are during Turkey season with the exception of opening week of rifle this year we had 2 one being fatal
I guess you just have to be from NH or VT to know it works pretty well

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2011, 07:59 AM

Tator, When I said that we dont need permission I should have also mentioned that as Hunters we respect the priviledge to have open access to their private land but only through the generosity of the individual landowners.
The landowners can at any time ask anyone to leave their land or they can post their land as they deem necessary. I personally get permission each and everytime I hunt on someone elses land even knwoing if their land isnt posted, permission is required.

Last week, I went to check out a farm I hadn't been to in maybe 20 years, tha Farm's changed hands now and the land is all posted but I contacted the new landowner and he gave me permission to hunt next week for our muzzleloader season.
The reason he posted the land is because one of his "new" neighbors is from Massachusettes and as soon as he bought the bordering property he posted his land but didnt hunt his own land he decided to hunt the farmers land, well the farmer spoke to him about it and of course it was said the land will remain posted, the farmer didnt like that massachusettes attitude so now the farmer will give anyone permission to hunt except the new mass neighbor.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:10 AM
B&C 180 Class

Just thinking about this still makes me cringe... the very thought of someone having the right to come onto your property if it's not posted and hunt without permission is haunting. I realize gfd and bruce you two would never do that, but still, someone else could on the land you hunt.

I guess where I'm coming from is this-- here in Missouri we have a FLOOD of people coming in from out of state to hunt on leases. They DO NOT respect the land down here but they pay out the WAZOO for the 10 days of rifle season. A farmer who doesn't hunt would be stupid if he didn't lease his land out for the season. We're talking about getting anywhere between $2,000 and $10,000 just for a 10 day hunting period. Depending on the amount of land being leased, those prices could get even higher.

On my route to work I travel through much of back-roads country (blacktops) and there is purple paint on just about every fence post I pass. This tells me that people here are protective of there land AND that if we had the same laws you all did up there it would be heavily abused down here.