Thanksgiving - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:32 PM

Default Thanksgiving

Just something to talk about. What are you most thankful for at this time of the year? We always have a great day and dinner with family. It's been a tradition for as long as I remember. Each year it seems we add a family member and sometimes we loose one. I guess it's life's balances that we deal with! Anyway, how do you spend Thanksgiving?
Sunday night son and I leave for S. Ohio gun season, hopefully get something in the freezer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 04:31 PM
B&C 180 Class

Hands down, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year! Don't know why, well... maybe it's the food, but still, I love it. I like the lazy day spent with family falling asleep and snoring so loud you can't hear the football game. Gotta love it. Laying around in agony for the next "round of food"! Even as a kid growing up, I love Thanksgiving more than anything.
Everyone have a good one, I know I will b/c I have alot to be thanful of! Health, Family, Family's health, and Freedom! That's pretty good
Old 11-21-2011, 04:35 PM
B&C 140 Class

I'm simply thankful for the fact that I get two lives with the up and coming
life to be extremely better.
Pray the same for yo"all
daddus
Old 11-21-2011, 05:04 PM

We sit around and get fat down here in TN too. Eat, watch football, and play cards or some other such game. If the weather's nice enough we spend some time with all the new kids (nieces and nephews) throwing a ball or shooting guns in the back yard.

Im thankful for the family we get to hang out with on this day.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:46 PM
B&C 160 Class

I go hunt a little while and get back in time to help some
enjoy all the family, eat good ,and watch football
I have been told i snore the loudest
Old 11-22-2011, 02:25 AM
B&C 100 Class

when i was young my uncle and i would bow hunt most of the day and then stuff ourselves full that evening havent done that in years but thinking my son and i may restart that habit thankful to see my son grow up a good ethical hunter and decent person
Old 11-22-2011, 05:17 AM

Thankful just to spend time with Family & friends

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 11-22-2011, 12:59 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfever View Post
We sit around and get fat down here in TN too. Eat, watch football, and play cards or some other such game. If the weather's nice enough we spend some time with all the new kids (nieces and nephews) throwing a ball or shooting guns in the back yard.

Im thankful for the family we get to hang out with on this day.

I am going to miss the Friday afternoon hunt in AR. Seeing LSU tiger's blood is way too important to miss. I will be enjoying some deer chili and leftovers.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:52 PM
B&C 140 Class

I've enjoyed Thanksgiving in many different ways over the years. This year will begin with me doing some hunting. It simply seems right to me on Thanksgiving morning. I'll head home then, clean up and help some with the prep for dinner. Looks like we will end up having the kids and their families on Friday night this year. To me, two Thanksgivings are even better than one.

I can also remember the times I was unable to spend Thanksgiving day with my family, when I was away during my military career. Thanksgiving, Christmas, anniversary and birthdays were all missed at some time and some were missed many, many times. Having mentioned that, I encourage all here who would like to, to mention our servicemen and women in their short offering before eating, perhaps.

They, after all, are the reason I and all of you as well, are able to sit and enjoy the four "Fs" Family, Friends, Food, Football and everything else connected to Thanksgiving.

Thanks, and I wish a very happy day tomorrow to all and especially to those overseas and serving on our behalf!!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:58 PM
B&C 160 Class

My son in law is coming in tonight he probably will hunt some tomorrow, while we work and then we will both go out thanksgiving morning,
hes new to hunting and hasn't killed a deer yet, but this could be the week he brings home the deer