Took care of business - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:22 PM
B&C 140 Class

Thumbs up Took care of business

I have a spot on the other end of the county that is not large, but holds a good number of deer. I took a decent 8 pnt there opening morning of Tn M/L season. Well, apparently some of the locals there are not so happy about my hunting this piece and they have stolen 3 of my stands in the last two years. One neighbor even has (had) a permanent tree stand erected on the property I hunt. The land owner has chased him out of it once or twice actually.

I got permission from the owner to "take care of that stand" and I did just that this morning. I took my 19volt Sawsall into the woods and cut that sucker out of the tree. It's still hanging in the tree, but no longer usable. I also left a prominant no trespassing sign on that tree. I left there this morning with a pretty big smile on my face......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2011, 04:28 PM
B&C 160 Class

We found one in are woods years ago
We moved it and rebuilt it in to a real nice stand
we call that stand new and improved
Old 10-31-2011, 08:35 PM

It gets on my nerves when folks do not respect other hunters stuff.. I hope what you did takes care of some of the problem..
Old 11-01-2011, 09:01 AM
B&C 180 Class

Yep, done this before! Got a new blind and stand out of it... sold them both though! lol I'm sorry but if I find YOUR property on MY HUNTING land, it's mine now. Shouldn't have been trespassing and if it WAS an honest mistake, then it's still mine b/c I don't want any "honest mistakes" when rifle fire starts ringing out.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:18 AM
B&C 140 Class

Honest mistakes in my opinion are excuses for either knowingly trespassing or for poor scouting and not knowing the area. Either way they are in the wrong and around here you can pick up trail cams, deer stands, blinds, feeder, real cheap from the local farmers that found them on their property at the restaurant drinking coffee in the mornings.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:26 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_fly View Post
Honest mistakes in my opinion are excuses for either knowingly trespassing or for poor scouting and not knowing the area. Either way they are in the wrong and around here you can pick up trail cams, deer stands, blinds, feeder, real cheap from the local farmers that found them on their property at the restaurant drinking coffee in the mornings.

yep, My thoughts exactly! If they didn't know they were on your property, well I bet they will from now on!
Old 11-06-2011, 12:49 AM
B&C 100 Class

I get really paranoid when approaching poachers just because you know they are also armed. Last time we caught someone on our land me and 4 friends showed up, to politely ask them to leave, wearing black ski masks, tac vests, and carrying our AR-15s. They havent been back since.

I also remember once we found some squatter trying to live on our land down by the river. He had some ghetto trash campsite set up. We destroyed everything and tossed his belongings into a burn barrel and set it all on fire.

But seeing how we have a private gate and pink GPS markers left by the surveyors all around our property line anyone on our land is obviously trespassing.

Last edited by thomasmgp; 11-06-2011 at 12:53 AM.