Chew - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost View Post
GFD2 I bet if you get a patent on your idea you'll be a rich man LOL....DHC will be your biggest customer
Yeah might have to come up with some hunting flavors
will have to think about this one

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2011, 08:08 PM

I know this was about chew but I'm anti tobacco products. I watched my dad suffer for years and finally his lungs totally failing. I would hope all those who smoke, chew, drink excessively to do your best to quit, you and your family will appreciate it. I use to enjoy a simple cigar at deer camp but even a rare moment has been curtailed.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:47 AM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
I know this was about chew but I'm anti tobacco products. I watched my dad suffer for years and finally his lungs totally failing. I would hope all those who smoke, chew, drink excessively to do your best to quit, you and your family will appreciate it. I use to enjoy a simple cigar at deer camp but even a rare moment has been curtailed.
Have to admit that I'm anti-tobacco like HM. Smoked from the time I was 16 up to quitting half way thru my first tour in Iraq in 2003. Tried chewing tobacco back then, puked my guts out after accidentally swallowing and never touched it again. Dip? My mind associated dip with chewing tobacco and I just never tried it. Am I glad I quit? Darned skippy! With prices almost $5/pack, the cost alone should make most folks want to quit (or should anyway).

Do enjoy an occasional cold one with my father-in-law or my sons-in-law, but occasional is about it.

But everyone is entitled to their opinions . . . . . and methodology to shorten their life spans. I figure that driving back and forth to work is dangerous enough these days.

RR
Old 10-13-2011, 10:01 AM
B&C 180 Class

I too smoked from around 18 till about 23 years old,,, not something I'm proud of and was never really "addicted" to it. I quit cold turkey. Only smoked 5-6 a day with somedays being worse than others. I can honestly say after about a month of stopping, my lungs, body, and everything else felt 100% better. I had alot more energy too. I'm wondering if chewing is more addictive than smoking... I'm thinking it is.