alright guys.... - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:11 PM
B&C 180 Class

Default alright guys....

My wife, inlaws, son, and I all went down south this past weekend for a mini-vacation which involved ALOT of swimming at the hotel pool. We went to Springfield and let me tell you, the HEADQUARTERS for Bass Pro is there. The store there was actually the first one ever built. It is AWESOME!! haha Of course, my son was stuffed from eating at Lambert's (another AWESOME thing to go enjoy in Springfield!) and he threw a fit in Bass Pro b/c he wanted to walk all over and having a 3 y/o walk all over that HUGE store is not a good thing. Could've spent about 4+ hours in there and still not have looked at everything. The next day we saw they had a Catalog store next to the HUGE bass pro and we checked it out. Turns out it's like a discount store for bass pro. Bought me a pair of REDHEAD camo bone-dry insulated overalls, originally $220, but bought them for $30. Yeah! now that's awesome. Nothing wrong with them at all. Could've probably stayed in there a little longer and spend alot more money but didn't want to keep the inlaws waiting.
All in all, Springfield is a great place to visit, if you're ever close by. We also went to an Animal Safari place that was cool. Got about 3 ft. from 5 tigers... that about soiled my pants though. Had all kinds of exotic animals and was just a neat experience.
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2011, 05:29 PM

Glad you all enjoyed it. Sounds like you had a blast.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:00 AM

I have switched most of my purchases to Bass Pro over Cabela's.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:53 AM

Im guided by price, if one retailer is a little less expensive for the same item it only makes sense to go for the savings.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:58 AM
B&C 120 Class

Lamberts is a fun place to eat. It was a frequent eating destination during my college years. Nothing like catching your rolls and laughing at those first timers falling for all the practical jokes!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:24 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetohunt View Post
Lamberts is a fun place to eat. It was a frequent eating destination during my college years. Nothing like catching your rolls and laughing at those first timers falling for all the practical jokes!

For those of you who don't know, Lambert's is famous for their "Thrown Rolls". They have some kid, (probably 18 y/o) who brings out AWESOME homemade HOT rolls and all you do, anywhere you are is just put your hand up and he'll throw (toss) a roll to you. He could be across the restaurant and you could be tucked away in the corner of a booth on the side of the restaurant and he'll put it RIGHT in your hands better than Joe Montana could ever put it in Jerry Rice's hands! hahaha FUN place to eat, and left there hating life (stuffed full of food). hahaha
Old 06-22-2011, 05:14 PM

Tator sounds like a great time
Question I have is you ever notice that "guy" stores always have something for the women & they can just walk around & not complain
try that in a woman's store look around there won't be many guy's in there most are sitting outside in the car or waiting by the front door
I think these stores need to have a hunting & fishing section
Just a thought
Glad you had a great mini vaca.

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 06-23-2011, 05:01 AM

Sounds like a good mini vac. Thats the type we will be taking this year. I will have to stop whenever I see a Lambert's. Nothing like some good chow.

Hey GF. Thats why we dont go shopping with lady's. Stay at home and paint something.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:12 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfever View Post
Sounds like a good mini vac. Thats the type we will be taking this year. I will have to stop whenever I see a Lambert's. Nothing like some good chow.

Hey GF. Thats why we dont go shopping with lady's. Stay at home and paint something.

Lambert's Cafe
Springfield, MO
Sikeston, MO
Alabama (not sure about the town)
Old 06-28-2011, 05:23 AM

BF
I know but for those times we get dragged out it would be nice to have at least one man's shop for at least every 5 clothing store

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright