Must see.... - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:21 AM
B&C 180 Class

Default Must see....

I know I get alot of grief about watching American Idol, but this is a must see guys. When Alan Jackson first released this song, I loved it, but got tired of it in a way because the radio played it way too much. Haven't heard this song in probably 5 years and it resurfaced the other night on Idol. Keep in mind this is a 16y/o kid who can sing any song he wants, but he chooses this one. I DO actually remember where I was... I was in college at the time (2001) and I was spending my day off substitute teaching at my old high school. My old baseball coach came up to me in the lunch room as I was passing through and told me the twin towers had been hit by planes. I went to the Library and all the teachers and about 100+ kids were in there sitting on the floor watching the news. Brought tears to my eyes. This song the other night, after all that's gone on these past few weeks, made that tear come back. Here you go...

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

"I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young, faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us, but the greatest is Love".

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 05-13-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2011, 12:19 PM

the youtube link isn't working properly Tator, I tried correcting it but I couldn't get it either.

here's the full link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Rv1yh17WU

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 05-13-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:34 PM

He did well.. again..

I was in Walmart picking up something and all the workers were sitting next to a radio in lawn and garden along with most customers.. We moved back to electronics and watched the news..

Remember Newt G. getting on there and saying this was a modern day Pearl Harbor.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:20 PM
B&C 180 Class

The biggest reason I had tears in my eyes was because I was in there with a bunch of kids... and that they had to watch those people jumping off the towers so that they didn't burn to death. Kids were asking all kinds of questions. Makes you get choked up answering those tough things. They are so innocent, that's not something they should have to "remember" in their past.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:34 PM
B&C 140 Class

I was at the hospital, waiting for my physical therapy appointment on that fateful day. Earlier that summer I had re-arranged all the bones in my left wrist roller skating. I remember all of us staring open mouthed at the television mounted on the wall. It was all we talked about during the therapy session. Have spent 3 1/2 years in Iraq since then supporting the soldiers doing what they do and have lost friends and co-workers in the process.

The price we pay for freedom has not come cheap, not when it has come at the cost of sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, friends. Let us not forget them and keep ALL our military, the contractors who support them, and their families at home in our prayers.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:49 PM
B&C 140 Class

I was at home when the first "incident" happened, as was my wife. She soon left for work and I actually watched the second "incident" live. I stayed home all day feeling more and more lost as I called my wife at work (she was a bank manager) and kept them up to date on what was happening. I never went to work that day.

I never lost the sinking feeling that my entire military career had been for naught, as I saw our great country attacked on OUR soil. Within a few weeks, I finally ended up wanting to re-enter the Army and spend a year overseas as my "personal" pay-back. My family was great, they all said they understood and would never say not to go. The answer from the Army was, they would not promise me overseas duty and wanted a promise of another 3 full years after I'd already been retired for over 5 years. I didn't go.

I had already spent, by 2001, almost two full years of my life in the Middle East, but I would have gone back in a minute, if promised, for another full year because that day affected me so much. To me two days each year are very special to me when it comes to my military career. One is Memorial Day, a very important day on my calender, each and every year. The second is 9/11 as I will never forget what those sights did to me and what they made me try to do.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:00 AM
B&C 180 Class

saw this on the news guys... scotty mccreery went back to his home town of garner, NC and got a BIG surprise while up on stage!

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:30 AM

Two thumbs up for an awesome performance!!!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:17 PM
B&C 140 Class

I think they shoulda voted him off a long time ago !! My top three was Haley, Casey, n Jason. Now Haley is the only one of the three left. Hope she takes it all!!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:44 PM

Well was goin to watch the video but now it says its claimed by copyright.. Thats garbage..