Please appreciate - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:47 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default Please appreciate

The men that performed the very difficult flying involved with the Bin Laden mission are members of a very elite group of aviators. Nope, you'll not hear me mention their names nor their units, I'll leave that to the F'n idiot newspeople to perhaps compromise their security....

These fine men go through training such that you might not even imagine. They perform missions that might seem completely impossible to you. How do they do it? They do it with dedication, training and effort. These men perform missions on a daily basis that would make you wonder if they really are simply human. To ride in an aircraft with them would result in you peeing your trousers...

I sleep better at night knowing that I've personally known some of these very fine people and what they do for all of us. I want you to as well... I only want to ask you all to try and understand that the men who perform these difficult missions, whether Navy or Army, in peace or in war-time do it for you. Please never, ever forget that.

I feel blessed that some of my life involved me with these very heroic and fine men. I want you all to think, later tonight, about the things they've done for you, as well. Even if you're not exactly sure, just what it was....

Old 05-05-2011, 09:07 PM

Well stated and I also sleep better knowing we have the finest fighting units in the world. I didn't serve in the military. My draft # was like 362 for Vietnam and so I wasn't drafted, I know some of you don't remember a draft. I am highly appreciative for all they do!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:30 PM
B&C 140 Class

Couldn't have said it better myself, Turner.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:24 AM

very well said!!! God Bless American Armed Forces, past, present & future.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:07 PM

Thanks for sharing that turner. Well said.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:48 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default Giving

For those who have served or are serving now --

You all have given some . . . . and some have given their all.

And all to often, those of us back here at home only remember what has been given only twice a year - Memorial Day and Veteran's Day. Living here in Texas near Fort Hood, I am reminded every day. I see it in the physical and mental scars carried by the soldiers I come in contact with every day in Wal-Mart or HEB (grocery store).

It takes someone very special to leave the safety of hearth and home, leave families behind, and sometimes families that are still on the way. All too often, women deliver children into the world knowing that their son or daughter will never know their daddy who had just been killed in the line of duty. They give up holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, and a whole lot more. Sometimes they get to watch their children being born or watch them walk across the stage for high school graduation. (The military is real big on video teleconferencing family type events.)

So I think we need to keep our soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines in daily prayers and not forget about them except for the two days of the year that we set aside for them.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:28 PM
B&C 140 Class

I also live very close to an active military base( I am retired Army) and I am reminded not only by what you have mentioned, but by the death notices we've seen on an all-to-frequent basis here in our newspaper. About 20,000 troops have gone abroad in our interests in the last 18 months or so.

Not all are coming back alive. This year has been the deadliest for Ft Campbell soldiers since the Viet Nam war. Think about that for just a moment....

I've seen grand children from soldiers I served with come home for their funerals. I've had friends of mine injured and paralyzed by serving (I was a career Army person). I'm not asking for anything.... except for all of you to keep these brave men and women (yes, I've known women who have died..) in your thoughts and prayers (if you are so inclined).

I once decided to work on Memorial Day. I'm ashamed of myself still to this day. Please be sure to honor our fine men and women on that very special day.

Thank You.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:14 PM
B&C 140 Class

from a father of a USMC son, could not have been said any better