good news - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:40 PM
B&C 140 Class

Sadom now lodin (spelling) now what excuse do we have to keep our military over there? It's been all about the oil from the start IMHO!!! Both bush's have major shares in the oil over there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 09:55 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
here it is
You know that picture is just a really bad photoshop job, right?
Old 05-04-2011, 08:10 AM
B&C 180 Class

Well here we go with our stupid people in America. Now they're ticked off that we used the name "Geromino" for Bin Laden. It was a code name. But now they are saying it's inappropriate to use that name for someone so bad. COMON' people. Seriously? We just killed the man who caused bloodshed on probably every continent in this world, but yet we're going to pick an argument over the code name we gave him during the operation. That's just absolutely wonderful. Next time we'll use code name "Madonna".

On another note, I saw this quote this morning as well....
"President Bush had 2,686 days to catch Osama bin Laden. President Obama got that job done in 831 days," said Lawrence O'Donnell," at the start of his 8 p.m. show. "Somehow ... bin Laden got the feeling that he could settle down comfortable in a walled fortress is a Pakistan suburb. But someone -- someone -- was still thinking about bin Laden in a lethal way. ... President Obama would make his biggest national security priority getting Osama bin Laden, and so he did."

OK first off, I did like Bush for my own reasons, but I do agree that he was not the best President we ever had. I will have to say he was much more of a MAN and an honest person that our current Pres. Secondly, the reason Bush had 2,686 days was because we spend probably 2,000 of those days trying to find the STUPID MAN. If this O'Donnell guy would do his research he'd know that Bin Laden did not allow computers or phones around him at any time. Plus he did NOT travel. He stayed put. Heck as far as we knew he could've been here in America (probably staying at the house of the people getting mad about the Geronimo thing). I would like to see how long it would've taken Obama to get Bin Laden if Bush hadn't started the process. I'm also glad Bush isn't going to ground zero at Obama's invite. To me, that would be saying "I couldn't do it, but you could". It would be like admitting failure... which Bush did not.
Now that I'm off the soap box... let's see how many days it takes Obama to get this economy and gas prices back in order. That would be interesting.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:12 AM
B&C 180 Class

I think I need to stop looking at the news. All I keep seeing is crap like "Were the Navy Seals killers or survivors?" "Is it ok to feel happy?" "Is celebrating this strategic moment in history ok?" "What does this do for Obama's presidential rating?"

This is absolutely insane. I'm sorry. How stupid do some people have to be to have feelings for a man who killed thousands of people? Look, I'm a Christian, and I believe everyone can be saved again (including Bin Laden) but it was obvious he wasn't going to "go that route" and after what he had accomplished in his lifespan up to a few days ago,,, he needed to be taken out.

Gotta question for all of you. It is US military policy to NOT kill someone who is not firing at you or unarmed. If YOU were one of the elite Navy Seals in this situation and you busted into the room w/bin laden in there, would you look to see if he was weaponless first?
Me personally....I would rotate the safety switch from SEMI to AUTO and go in BLAZING.
What would you do?

Last edited by tator; 05-04-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:26 AM

I am with ya Tator I may have had to reload once or twice also
Problem w/ code name is the way america is today can't offend anyone
america is getting weak I think I mentioned this before but my yougest daughters school had a contest winning class gets Pizza
in the end the school thought it wasn't fair & should not upset the classes that lost so the whole school got Pizza doesn't this send a message that it is ok to not to do your best you will be rewarded anyway
not the same thing but close

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 05-04-2011, 12:07 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
but my yougest daughters school had a contest winning class gets Pizza in the end the school thought it wasn't fair & should not upset the classes that lost so the whole school got Pizza

I agree 100%. That's like here in MO, the little league program in the summer time, they don't keep score and there are no winners or losers. That flat out stinks if you ask me!?! Why even play? You learn alot when you lose, and you are on top of the world when you win!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:39 PM
B&C 140 Class

BREAKING NEWS !!! All Shell Stations and Minimarts are closed today due to a death in the family!!!! Haha !!