Rain - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:42 PM

Default Rain

Here in NW Ohio we are on track to set a new April record rain fall that has stood since 1921 or so. This has been a really wet spring. Rivers are going over their banks and more rain on it's way. We aren't near the MO floods but it doesn't look good. I've never had to pump my crawl space before but so far twice in April.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2011, 07:45 PM

Wow it must be mostly going south of us we have had rain most every day for a while but nothing severe rivers are high but seem normal for this time of year

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 04-27-2011, 08:22 PM
B&C 160 Class

same in new york hm.were also getting the most rain ever in april and have the flooding also.crazy severe weather
Old 04-27-2011, 08:45 PM
B&C 140 Class

Here in ky we set a new rain fall record from 11" to now 13.6" and still raining. The lake here is flowing through the emergency over flow spill way. This is the second time in the lakes history since it was made in 1941 (I think it was) and the level is about 1 foot from setting a new record level and we have rain all night tonight.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:15 AM

Vermont's getting hammered with rain and flooding too.

Few examples of how high the waters are getting in some areas..

Old 04-28-2011, 08:12 AM

Amazing the difference approx. 60 miles makes we have nothing even close to that here Bruce

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 04-28-2011, 08:46 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
Here in NW Ohio we are on track to set a new April record rain fall that has stood since 1921 or so. This has been a really wet spring. Rivers are going over their banks and more rain on it's way. We aren't near the MO floods but it doesn't look good. I've never had to pump my crawl space before but so far twice in April.

Missouri has had 3 years of MASSIVE rainfalls. It would rain for 2-3 days straight then dry up for 2-3 days, then rain all over again. Crops were planted almost a month late last year b/c farmers are tired of planting and then re-planting. This year, corn has been planted on the farm I hunt and looks like they'll have to re-seed b/c it's good fertle bottom ground but the rain just keeps coming. We had to cut hay last year all the way in mid August!!! Typically we cut and bail it in early July and sometimes even late June. Sounds crazy but I'm ready for a DROUGHT!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 AM
B&C 120 Class

The rain keeps coming down here in NY too. Last night we had three lines of heavy storms come through. All the local schools closed today because of flooding and many roads are washed out - or flooded.

All we can do is make the best of it. Unlike some people think, we cannot control the weather but we must simply live and deal with what it brings.

I'm sure Mr. Gore has an explanation for all this rain. (and its been a lot cooler this year too)
Old 04-28-2011, 01:09 PM
B&C 140 Class

Our rain has finally stopped here in north central Tn. The rivers are approaching flood stage and will peak some time tomorrow, hopefully under last spring's flood stage. Last May we had more rain than in any other previous month of recorded weather. Lots! It was beginning to look like a duplicate to last year's problem, but the rains finally ended last night.

Last year's flooding saw over 200 businesses flooded in our town and over 1,500 houses flooded in Nashville.