midnight shift - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:55 PM

Default midnight shift

I have 7-12hr midnight shifts starting tonight. In the middle of them I also get one plant start-up and shutdown with a young in-experienced operation's breaker, joy! It's going to be a very long week 84 hrs straight. 24 of it is OT so some of it goes into the fishing trip fund or boat fund or new gun fund???? Or just into the bank!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2011, 06:45 PM
B&C 140 Class

24 of it is OT so some of it goes into the fishing trip fund or boat fund or new gun fund????

My vote would be for the "new gun fund". Can never have too many guns, right????
Old 04-09-2011, 09:35 PM
B&C 160 Class

no you cant have too many guns, or enugh ammo
Old 04-11-2011, 05:27 AM

Oh my HM I am tired just thinking of that
we have not had OT for 2 years but new project starting up next month so looks like I will be on those long hours till at least the end of the year

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 04-11-2011, 04:02 PM
B&C 140 Class

Well, good luck to ya lol.

I think I'd invest that OT money in ammo. The price of it is supposed to go up 5-15% starting May 1st.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:27 AM
B&C 180 Class

Well for me right now, all extra money is going to a good investment.... a new truck! Daddy needs one badly.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:46 PM

Tator, what model/make you looking at? My last Ford 2006 F-150 4x4 was a great truck, probably should have kept it. The 2010 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 has been a bit less enjoyable for me. The diesel probably could pull my house off it's foundation but the ride is pretty poor. Fuel mileage on the highway is 20-22 with in town around 10-13. With diesel fuel over $4 bucks a gallon travel has been restricted. I've never owned a Dodge truck and can't comment on that off brand
Old 04-12-2011, 05:49 PM

HM really can't compare a 1/2 ton to a 3/4 ton my 1500 chevy was like driving a caddy truelly felt more like driving a car then a truck now when I get in my dads 2500 it feels more like driving a duece & a half they are different in a lot of ways to get the pulling & hauling capacity of a 3/4 ton you give up some of that comfort

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 04-13-2011, 08:20 AM
B&C 180 Class

Right now I drive an '01 Chevy Silverado 1500. Don't really need the heavy duty 2500 or 3500. Mine is 2 wheel drive (i know, i know) but at the time I bought it, I didn't need 4x4. Now I do, badly. Looking at the GMC line. LOVE the sierras but also like the silverado's. Ford is ok, but WAAAAY too flashy for me. There's is such a thing as TOO much chrome. Some of those new ford trucks are nothing but chrome across the whole front of the truck. Won't buy dodge, period. Own one of those too and have paid for it in full about 2 times (seriously) with all the crap that's gone wrong with it (1 new trans, 1 re-built trans, new rear end, new head, etc....) I told my wife the next thing to go is the engine and if that happens, that stupid thing is getting "accidentally" pushed off a cliff. I do have to say, that out of all 3 major brands (Ford, chevy, and dodge) I do like dodge's styling the best. Their trucks look MEAN. But I don't want the baggage.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:24 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
HM really can't compare a 1/2 ton to a 3/4 ton my 1500 chevy was like driving a caddy truelly felt more like driving a car then a truck
oh, didn't see this post... the 1500 has a great punch to it too. Had an ol' boy enter a 4 lane highway at the same time as me (he was crossing the north bound lane to get into the south bound lane, and i was turning directly into the south bound lane) and he had about an '01 ford... well ol' boy wanted to go. hahaha we were neck and neck for about 50 yds and then the chevy blew him out of the water. love that throaty exhaust and ease of excelleration of my truck. It'll be hard to give it up, when the time comes. Been a good ol' truck