Deer Hunting Forums banner

midnight shift

6K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  spiker 
#1 ·
I have 7-12hr midnight shifts starting tonight. In the middle of them I also get one plant start-up and shutdown with a young in-experienced operation's breaker, joy! :thumbdown: It's going to be a very long week 84 hrs straight. 24 of it is OT so some of it goes into the fishing trip fund or boat fund or new gun fund???? :crazy: Or just into the bank! :wink:

#32 ·
HM glad to hear your long week is over get some rest I would not trade work w/ you for anything
even though I work in a metal room w/ 10-20 plasma torches running an arc at about 20,000 -50,000 degrees 40 outside thermostats inside blinking maxed out

#33 ·
heat is funny because everybody tolerates its different.seen alot of people fall out from heat stroke(very serious) and just get crazy mad from the heat. seen some terrible accidents very dangerous.you learned to work smart real fast and get off the brick.guys used to put strips of car tires on their boots to help but all that did is give you bad habits by staying in it.in winter 20 below right on lake erie you would work in just ppe and a light shirt it felt good.as bad as it was i would of never left if it didnt shut down. good people,crazy people,like family its not a normal job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.