Deer Hunting Forums banner

midnight shift

6K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  spiker 
#1 ·
I have 7-12hr midnight shifts starting tonight. In the middle of them I also get one plant start-up and shutdown with a young in-experienced operation's breaker, joy! :thumbdown: It's going to be a very long week 84 hrs straight. 24 of it is OT so some of it goes into the fishing trip fund or boat fund or new gun fund???? :crazy: Or just into the bank! :wink:

#4 ·
Oh my HM I am tired just thinking of that
we have not had OT for 2 years but new project starting up next month so looks like I will be on those long hours till at least the end of the year

#7 ·
Tator, what model/make you looking at? My last Ford 2006 F-150 4x4 was a great truck, probably should have kept it. The 2010 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 has been a bit less enjoyable for me. The diesel probably could pull my house off it's foundation but the ride is pretty poor. Fuel mileage on the highway is 20-22 with in town around 10-13. With diesel fuel over $4 bucks a gallon travel has been restricted. I've never owned a Dodge truck and can't comment on that off brand :bag:

#8 ·
HM really can't compare a 1/2 ton to a 3/4 ton my 1500 chevy was like driving a caddy truelly felt more like driving a car then a truck now when I get in my dads 2500 it feels more like driving a duece & a half they are different in a lot of ways to get the pulling & hauling capacity of a 3/4 ton you give up some of that comfort

#10 ·
HM really can't compare a 1/2 ton to a 3/4 ton my 1500 chevy was like driving a caddy truelly felt more like driving a car then a truck
oh, didn't see this post... the 1500 has a great punch to it too. Had an ol' boy enter a 4 lane highway at the same time as me (he was crossing the north bound lane to get into the south bound lane, and i was turning directly into the south bound lane) and he had about an '01 ford... well ol' boy wanted to go. hahaha we were neck and neck for about 50 yds and then the chevy blew him out of the water. love that throaty exhaust and ease of excelleration of my truck. It'll be hard to give it up, when the time comes. Been a good ol' truck:thumbup:

#9 ·
Right now I drive an '01 Chevy Silverado 1500. Don't really need the heavy duty 2500 or 3500. Mine is 2 wheel drive (i know, i know) but at the time I bought it, I didn't need 4x4. Now I do, badly. Looking at the GMC line. LOVE the sierras but also like the silverado's. Ford is ok, but WAAAAY too flashy for me. There's is such a thing as TOO much chrome. Some of those new ford trucks are nothing but chrome across the whole front of the truck. Won't buy dodge, period. Own one of those too and have paid for it in full about 2 times (seriously) with all the crap that's gone wrong with it (1 new trans, 1 re-built trans, new rear end, new head, etc....) I told my wife the next thing to go is the engine and if that happens, that stupid thing is getting "accidentally" pushed off a cliff. I do have to say, that out of all 3 major brands (Ford, chevy, and dodge) I do like dodge's styling the best. Their trucks look MEAN. But I don't want the baggage.

#11 ·
yeah I really miss my truck fully loaded 01 heated leather, power everything & it did have some snot. but I really like filling the Grand Prix tank better

#13 ·
Haha I have never owned a NEW vehicle before so I get the best I can used but funny you mentioned that. when we bought the truck my wife said she would rather have the AC in the seats so the salesman was trying to talk her into a caddy that had it she thought about it till she got the sticker shock (she didn't know what caddy's cost) but as far as the heated seats will never buy leather seats without it I never used the heat plus it is fun to turn the pass. seat on unsuspected passengers when it is like 80 out

#14 ·
Last 12 hr shift to go tonight. It's been a long week. :crybaby: Started last Friday night and finish tomorrow morning. Things at work are changing with new upper managers on site. Stress levels are high and mood levels are down. :ranting: Hopefully nice weather changes the work enviroment a bit.

#18 ·
Nope snow banks in yard still about 4' tall & most of the lawn has about 6"
I at least can see some grass about 20 miles north west (work) is mostly gone just some snowbanks but should be all gone by Turkey season looks like we will be staying in the 60's but supossed to be in the teens tonight

#23 ·
oh yeah, I meant to add, the grass is as green as green can get! I love this time of year! Like I said before, I couldn't live some place like NH b/c of the cold weather. I admire you fellas that do. I get stir crazy and want to get outside and work on stuff BADLY. Can't do that with all that snow on the ground... well I guess you could, but it's just a huge sloppy mess and/or way too cold. I enjoy all the seasons equally when they first start. After about a month and a half of each one I'm done with it and ready for the next one! haha :boxing:

#25 ·
I hear ya this year was bad a lot of snow came fairly early & no Jan. thaw like we usually do so Yes I am going crazy & just want it gone

#28 · (Edited)
ok snowblowed the lawn just got in went through 40 gal gas between the snowblower & the car (lights) now all my snow & lawn is in the woods guess brown is better then white hated that grass anyway now looks like I got a nice husqvarna lawn tractor for sale as I have no lawn to mow THANKS GUYS looks like for next year I am going to see what I need for an FFL to have a flame thrower :crybaby::no::eek:wned:

#29 ·
spent countless weekends,xmas,new years eves,working swing shift at bethlehem steel coke ovens.we used to have a saying that your parents hate you if you worked at the coke ovens.good people but terrible,filthy dirty work.Tator you want to see hell google the coke ovens and stand on top of a battery.closest thing ive ever seen.:wacko:

#31 · (Edited)
I work in a sulfuric acid refinery. We have H2S, SO2, SO3, N2, CO2, H2SO4 just to start. :wacko: Not good on the lungs or overall health. :crybaby:Our main products are 93%, 99%, 104.5% sulfuric acid. We run 1800* furnaces with catalysis beds running 1100*. Mix the heat with cooling tower moisture and holy cow it's hot in August. I can't imagine a steel furnace heat!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.