Deer Hunting Forums banner

Yall priced new washers and dryers lately?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  deerless 
#1 ·
These dudes are high dollar these days. My goal was to not spend over a grand. You dont have alot of choices with that amount.

Ended up buying the Maytag Cenntennial Commercial Series.

Suppose to be high effiency blah blah blah. These washers dont have the old style agitator and sound absolutly nothing like the old styles. Its got a start and stop action/sound all the time. I didnt think it was working and read the manuel and its said that normal. The sound gets on my nerves as I sit here and type this post. Run or dont run just make up your stinking mind!

It cost me $9 under a grand. I need another job!

I wonder if I will notice a difference on my electricity bill????

See less See more
#2 ·
Well there's always the old fashioned option of sitting in the river with the bar of soap and the old washboard lol. That old saying "energy efficient" gets around here too but I don't know if it's true or just a catch. In the end I'm sure your clothes will be soft, cuddly, and spring time fresh. Enjoy your new toys.

#3 · (Edited)
We just got this set of samsung front load series. I don't know how much it will save us on the elec. bill yet, but, I do know it's going to save on the water bill.
When you look at the clothes during the wash it's obvious it uses a really small amount of water, it determines the amount of water by the weight of the load.
The Final spin cycle is so fast it only takes 10,15 maybe 20 minutes to dry the clothes.

#4 ·
BF I think we just bought the same ones I did not get front loaders they were the price each for what we spent on the pair ours seem to be a lot quieter then the last but it was funny the fist couple weeksrunning in thinking the darn thing quit on us

#6 ·
OK guys, you have done your wash so you now have time to watch DWTS.
hahahaha lol
Really my wife and I purchased the new Whirlpool washer and dryer in 2002
the real expensive "european" deal and we have had no repairs to this date.
I think they look like the ones pictured above. Gotta run DWTS is on.LOL!
daddus

#7 ·
Yep.. They do use alot less water for sure! Makes me wonder if their gonna get clean or not. GF im glad to know someone else thought the same thing as me. "is this piece of garbage working or what"

Good looking set you there Bruce!

Daddus i have question.. what does DWTS stand for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.