Deer Hunting Forums banner

illuminated nocks

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Predator 
#1 ·
Anyone who has inquired into obtaining any of the various illuminated nocks on the market has probably shook their head in disbelief at some point when they seen the prices. I have made some for as little as $3.50 a piece.

At the recent show, there was a booth set up with some new nocks. as I listened to the sales pitch, I became very interested in these new nocks. that is till I heard the price. This is a free enterprise system(so I have heard) and I have no issues with someone coming up with a new or improved idea and making some well deserved cash. but stop with the financial rape. I found their web site and the pricing isnt too far from that of the show. Wow.

If you think for 1 second just what it is you are getting and how much you are paying for it and what else you could use that money for. well lets see, how many nocks equals a new bow?

in case you are interested in seeing what I am refering to, see the link.

Firenock: Home Page

#2 ·
Anyone who has inquired into obtaining any of the various illuminated nocks on the market has probably shook their head in disbelief at some point when they seen the prices.

AMEN!!!! I made a special trip to bass pro (30 mi away) to buy some of these and about fell on the floor when I saw the prices. PLUS, they were SOLD out and it was early August of last year.

SOAP BOX TIME... anyone else get pee'd off when the local wal-mart or target or k-mart, whatever, gets sold out on hunting stuff 2 weeks before the season even starts and then there's nothing left? Our wal-mart here sells out of stands, cams, blinds, scents and most importantly ammo EVERY STINKIN' year 2 weeks before season opens. I finally asked a manager in the sporting good dept. if he realized how much money wal-mart was losing by doing this! He acted like it was news to him and seemed really concerned. I told him I was planing on buying $40-$60 that day on hunting stuff, but were sold out. and then asked him how many other guys probably came into the store to do the same thing?!?! We have no "sporting goods" stores here in our town. Bass pro is 30 mi away and wally world is about it if you're in a hurry.
STEP DOWN FROM SOAP BOX.... :unsure:

#3 ·
Predator did the ones you made hold up? I found a few products out there that light during flight but as soon as theyhit the target it kills the light
the Burt coyotes I don't have much problem with but for 3.50 it beats 10.00 ea

Tator stuff lasts that long usually the 1st week of Aug. ours is done I complained also & asked when they were getting more I was told next year wal-mart makes one order per year on seasonal stuff.
finding some good stuff about them I didn't know like the firearms that are in the case are seconds & thirds (have defects) was told by the salesman if I was going to order one I may find a gun shop cheaper I DID by almost $50

#4 ·
I have only made 2 so far. this is due to not having more nocks for my arrows. the only problem I have with the home made nocks is they are driven deeper into the shaft of the arrow on impact of the target. a straightened out clothes hanger inserted into the insert end of the shaft (after removal of the broad head) remedies the problem. as time permits, I will acquire some additional nocks and lights to make more lighted nocks and will improve their functionality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.