Deer Hunting Forums banner

2010 season

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  tator 
#1 ·
Hey All,

Ive been pretty busy the last 6 months, hence the limited appearences and posts since then.

I went into the 2010 deer season pumped up and optomistic that I was going to have a banner year. it could not have been further from that outcome. in fact, it was one of the worst years for deer encounters that I have ever had. so as luck or skill would have it, no new venison for the freezer this year.

Good thing I conserve what I already have so I am never with out. matter of fact, I still have some from the 2008 buck I shot.

It was nice to get my son out there and in the stand, even if it was only for several weekends. I'll be back to solo hunting this next season as he will most likely be a considerable distance away at school.

#2 ·
well Predator most important thing is you got out & spen some time w/ your son sorry to hear your season did not go as you hoped but that is why they call it hunting right?

#3 ·
Last year was strange for many reasons. Took the last day, last hour of my season to take a freezer buck. All around the country we were reading how strange the rut was and in certain areas not seeing very many deer. Other reports came in with too many deer? Glad to hear you got to hunt with son and enjoy prime time with him.

#5 ·
I got two does this past season. One with my crossbow and one with my .30-06. I let a bunch of does and several smaller bucks walk. The last few weeks of the season I was hunting strictly for this fellow. I never got a shot at him but I am going to start next season trying for him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.