Deer Hunting Forums banner

what else on the right side of the forums?

5K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 ·
Do you folks have any other ideas on what you would like to see on the right side of our forums?

Here are some ideas I had in mind.

We have listed top posters. We may shorten that list to 5 members and create another box for "poster of the year" or some such and then give a gift card to whoever has the most post this year and one to the top poster for the life of the site as well. (me excluded)

We are also wanted to add random profile pics from the members that have photo albums in their profile. I think there are some good pics but most folks dont ever see them unless they go inside someone's profile.

Any other ideas for me?

#2 ·
I like the random profile pic idea, those do go unseen for the most part, would be nice to link them in somehow for all to view and enjoy.
Right off the top of my head I would suggest a Solunar predictions calendar, that might be a good idea also, works for both hunting and fishing.

#11 ·
sort of, I saw one somewhere that offered a lot of info but I cant remember where i saw it. it not only offered moon phases but gave sunrise and sunset info also plus it predicted activities for specific times/days.. foor/fair/good hunting and fishing indicators as well. I'm not sure if it included tide tables but I wanna say I believe It did.

Here's an example app I found on my droid phone... Solunar - Fishing & Hunting TM - Android

#7 ·
Link to top article of the month, BF chooses. Rut dates by State. Season opening dates by states. Weekly top forum post? best picture submitted for the week. I like the moon phase thing too for hunting/fishing. Let new members introduce themselves in a short intro/bio? Don't know what would work?

#9 · (Edited)
"we will have to see if there is a plug-in that will pick up what state your from.. never seen one before.."

For the better part of the year, can I pick the state of confusion??? <grin> It isn't until hunting season gets close that I seem to be able to concentrate on anything, like a nice buck in the cross hairs.

And yup, that moon phase thingy on that other website is kinda cool looking.

#10 ·
Better get posting I guess.
BF is there a way to track posts by year?
also looking at the sidebar has anyone heard from the signman?
haven't heard from him for a very long time

#20 ·
I considered adding the team dhc folks. and maybe some of the newer artilces that they have written. I want to see first how bad it slows folks computers down from adding this stuff first.

From the stuff we have added so far I have not had any majoy complaints.

Im on satillite internet and it is very slow but have not noticed a difference on my end.

#19 ·
Me too.. No free widgets out there I dont think..

Check out Hannons moon times by datasport inc. not sure how it works but if you would like to see it, check out rihunts.com it is in the hunting category
Thanks!

Thought I would post this here too.....
Hey I just got an idea... on my google mail if one of my contacts is online, I can click on the left hand side of my mail page and shoot them an "instant message" sort of like a PM but quicker to do. Then IF they reply (and rarely do! haha) a small window pops up and we converse for awhile. What if we did something like this on the right side of the screen rather than at the bottom. Show who is online, and make it where you could click on their name and chat w/them? Like GFD is online right now, I could send him a message in real time and he could reply back.
We talked about adding a chat room before and most everyone was against it. I know what your saying is different from a chat room though but it could still take away from some forum discussions. I guess we are all nosy and want to be included in everyone else's conversations. EVEN if we dont say anything!

#18 ·
Thought I would post this here too.....
Hey I just got an idea... on my google mail if one of my contacts is online, I can click on the left hand side of my mail page and shoot them an "instant message" sort of like a PM but quicker to do. Then IF they reply (and rarely do! haha) a small window pops up and we converse for awhile. What if we did something like this on the right side of the screen rather than at the bottom. Show who is online, and make it where you could click on their name and chat w/them? Like GFD is online right now, I could send him a message in real time and he could reply back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.