Deer Hunting Forums banner

Reminder to all

4K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
We are all outdoorsman & women. You may hunt from a stand I may hunt from the ground. You may fish with live bait I may use artificial lures. Neither is the right or wrong way. What is important is that we enjoy the outdoors of our Great Country & share those experiences with others. Some want to take this away from us. We must stick together. We shouldn't be fighting amongst ourselves. Remember when posting what may seem innocent to you may not to others text shows NO emotions so please don't take it personal & automatically go on the defense. Take it w/ a grain of salt, take it as a joke or just let it go. I have said this before & I will say it again I am proud to be part of DHC. BF & Staff do an AWESOME job here & are very fair. I can't say enough about the members here compared to a lot of other sites I have visited. Lets just share our knowledge or in my case lack there of, have fun & enjoy the outdoors
Mods if you think this post is inaproprate Feel free to close, delete or do what ever you like just don't send TG after me
these are just my feelings & will not be crushed in any way :crybaby::crybaby:

Thank You All
Chris

#2 ·
I agree with you gfdeputy2. The "drama" that sometimes arises here due to interpretation of words and emotions is unnecessary. Thats why they have reality TV, if you want drama, feast on it. I for one don't care for added drama so lets try to leave it out here. This site has a strong family like bond and I would like to see it continue as it is. There is room for honest discussions but lets not get personal.

#4 ·
I'm just reading about the whole ronn thing now and I'm leaning towards ronn's side slightly. I mean I would have taken some offense for the comment of theft made,even in jest. I may have not replied exactly the way ronn did but I do understand his feeling offended. I've known ronn for many years and I know him to be a fair and respectful sportsman. He can have a one sided opinion every now and then but I'm the same way. It's a shame that it ended this way.Ronn had a lot to offer . I hope this sort of thing doesn't repeat itself again because I enjoy the threads of many topics. Just my 2 cents.

#6 · (Edited)
Ah America, the greatest country that allows you to have an opportunity to voice your opinion. In addition, the wonderful world of internet communication brings us the ability to not only voice our own opinions but to listen to the opinions of others as well. These "others" range from all geographical locations, from all walks of life, different lifestyles, life experiences, etc, etc, etc. A forum is designed to make debates and debates are based on differing opinions. What fun would it be if we all shared the same feelings about the same subjects? That would just not be American. I think that this site here has the greatest, most respectable, and knowledgeable human beings on the whole darn planet. It's expected to have heated discussions and arguments because we all have our own beliefs, values, and traditions. With that being said I am glad to be a part of this site with all of you fine people and we all just need to keep the "others" feelings in mind out of respect for our fellow outdoorsman when things go sour. I can guarantee that I am probably the most hot headed, knuckle headed, stubborn and scrappy guy here but I do not let opinions get to me. But like I said we are all different in our own ways. Now, can I please have a cold beer?

#7 ·
Remember when posting what may seem innocent to you may not to others,
text shows NO emotions so please,,, don't take it personal & automatically go on the defense.
Take it w/ a grain of salt, take it as a joke or just let it go.
gfdeputy2, The above quote is So well written I wish you'd add it as your signature line so everyone sees it over and over again.
BRB,,,, i'm going to get TG a cold beer.

#13 · (Edited)
gfdeputy2, The above quote is So well written I wish you'd add it as your signature line so everyone sees it over and over again.
BRB,,,, i'm going to get TG a cold beer.
Thanks BB will add it

TG & spiker I will get you that beer but you will have to wait till end of Oct & meet me in Naples.
Naples NY that is
When I wrote my post yesterday my intention was not to take sides or start a debate it is what the title says a reminder to just think about what you have written or typed before hitting the submit button and as the reader don't try to read into what has been written before getting upset ask for clarification
It has been a long winter for most of us & still going for some 16" of snow here in NH today so I feel alot of us are sick of it & are ready to hunt. Turkey season is still over 30 days away for me but I am getting out tomorrow to shoot skeet so lets get the gear cleaned & ready & talk about HUNTING

#8 ·
With dwindling numbers we are already under an attack.We do not need to fight amongst ourselves this only seperates us.I hope this thread doesn't turn into people picking sides because Deputies excellent thread wasnt meant for that.Look if theirs issues we dont agree on and there are many state your opinion and move on.I think the problems arise when trying to keep hammering your point home.Keeping the debates lively is a good thing but respect should never be lost for any member here regardless of their opinion.As far as drama if i wanted more i'd still be married.Now i'll go get a beer.

#10 · (Edited)
Reading all the above is why we are different here at DHC. I too get a bit stubborn :whistling: when I allow opinions to get under my skin, but I wouldn't have it any other way. You all know how I enjoy good debate. :wink: Many thanks for all you out there that support and make up DHC. I do want everyone to understand, I believe we did everything, both privately and publicly, to resolve the last issue in a forthright and positive manner and we will continue to as long as you have faith in us. HM

#14 ·
I believe we did everything, both privately and publicly, to resolve the last issue in a forthright and positive manner and we will continue to as long as you have faith in us. HM

well written and I totally agree... Thank you HM...

#11 ·
I have read through the whole Ronn thing several times and thought about it alot. I too agree with huntr on the subject of how I would have taken the comment of being called a thief even as a joke. There are several things that I dont tolerate and being called a thief or a liar is at the top of my list. Im not sure I would have responded in a forum quite the same way but never the less there are certain things that you say to another man/woman as a joke and somethings you dont but that is just my opinion. I didn't exactly take Ronns response as a threat either, there was a big IF in there (as to say if you were in arms reach) to me that is not a threat. In short there was an overaction in a forum standpoint however every man or woman has there limits and again there are things to pick about and things not to. That has to be remembered even when talking to best friends or family much less an internet buddy.

#16 ·
Well I've stayed quiet on this whole issue because it was my typing that caused it all. After reading everyone's posts I have to admit I agree with all of you in at least one shape or form. I realize what I said to ronn was out of line and not the correct thing to say to him. It is something I would say to my friends here where I live and I didn't take into prespective what type of location ronn lives in or his group of friends and how they act/joke/treat each other. Maybe that comment was not acceptable amongst he and his friends. It would be acceptable amongst mine because that's just how we are. That is my fault and I take full responsibility. I hope everyone can believe me when I say I did not mean for things to happen this way. I have absolutely no problem with ronn and I too gained knowledge from his insight and opinions. Heck he even got me interested in bushnells! My point is, ronn, I know you're reading this, I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have done it, it was a mistake, and let's just leave it as that. If I had known you personally, and knew you would take offense to it, then yes I would've expected a fat bloody lip after that comment, joking or not. But having not known you, that comment didn't sit well with me just as I'm sure it wouldn't have sit well with you if I directed towards you. The main point here is that I've learned my lesson and I will make sure I check and double check my posts from now on. I enjoy being a part of DHC, I enjoy having ronn on here and I enjoy the community atmosphere that surrounds everyone on here. So that being said... Ronn take this as my personal apology for the comment, I'm sorry and it won't happen again. I'm a man of my word and I didn't mean to challenge your integrity or honesty. Please if you want, come back as I'm sure many on here would enjoy having you back... including myself.

#17 ·
Tator I hope you know being that we joke back & fourth that this was meant for all of us from a posting & reading side not directed to you personally

#18 ·
Everyone deserves a last word. Here is ronn's.

"tator you are correct i am reading along. thank you for you apology. i accept it and we are even. i believe rack collector maybe put into words, best, from my view without being torqued up over it. yes my work mates and i are hard on each other to the point that things shouldn't be mentioned in a forum, at least a family forum such as dhc. but these are guys, a relationship has been built over time and the boundaries are known like, spouses are off limits and certain things that each hold in high regard and learned. its different with folks that really don't know each other. like rackcollector and huntr, thief and liar, are at the top of my list of things that aren't for sale or are free for the taking. i'm sorry if you took the fat lip thing as a threat. it wasn't meant to be. its was what would happen if some one had crossed that line within arms reach and to show how high a value i put on my integrity and honesty. i've no doubt that we would have come to an understanding in short order but then a mod stepped in and chose sides not allowing the understanding to develop and for me only compounding the bunched up panties factor.

if this post survives or is at least passed along to you in a pm, know i hold no ill will toward you."

ronn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.