Ronn - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:00 AM

I am w/ huntNH I have been getting ready for bow season & haven't benn on for a few day's but what ever happended I hope it can be worked out Ronn I hope you change your mind about leaving You have to much knowlege & have helped myself & too many people here but if you don't good luck & hope we can stay in touch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggle View Post
Bruce threatening me with a "im a moderator and I will ban you" would have made me mad.
As a moderator, I feel like I've done a great job for the DHC by always maintaining what I thought was in the best interest of the site. I've always done my very best to promote the DHC and protect the DHC.
Being a moderator isn't all peaches and cream, I do not take pleasure in having to ban or reprimand a member even spammers but rules are rules and when the site owner asked me if I was willing to moderate, I knew I could help out and didnt hesitate to help him.
Some members respect the moderators some see us as the enemy either way I would like each member to know I'm always here if you need my help with anything and I hope each of you believe you will be treated fairly by me and with the utmost respect.
Thank You.

Last edited by buckfever; 09-13-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:35 AM
B&C 160 Class

bruce i no were your coming from
Im a moderator on a koi forum and we had a big blow up just the other day
moderating is not just having all this extra power we have to make a lot of decisions on whats right for the forum and some times it not popular, and people get mad..

If every one had there say lets just go on and be friends and talk hunting
Old 09-13-2010, 11:55 AM

Will miss ronn's postings on here. Had some humor in them at times and had some hunting knowledge with others in areas that he knew well. Guns is one instance. Ask a question about guns and ronn usually had an educated response.

I did not agree with how the sitiuation as a whole was handled from the moderating side. We will address those issues as well. I expect our mods on DHC to be a behind the scenes type group when it comes to peace making issues. Members will not be banned for just one mods decision in a controversial thread. That will be discussed as a whole mod group.

Hunting Man said it well. Here is a line from his post in this thread.

"Moderating at times requires us to separate ourselves from a hunter's perspective and fulfill our obligations and duties as we believe them to be for the benefit of this site. If you feel we made a mistake you will let us know!"

Feel free to send me a private message over any moderating concerns you have.

I apologize to the membership on having to read, put up with pointless drama. Lets take it back to hunting topics and leave the drama to the "wives".

Onehorse I apologize to you personally for not stepping in and doing anything when you felt like it was everyone against you. Like (I think) I said in that thread before I think other folks probably agreed with you they just didnt have the man hood to stand up and say what they thought.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:18 AM
B&C 120 Class

Hopefully all of dhc has learned a lesson, this is a great club and hopefully nothing as foolish as this will happen again anytime soon. Just close and lock the thread next time instead of letting it go so far!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:37 PM
B&C 140 Class

"Onehorse I apologize to you personally for not stepping in and doing anything when you felt like it was everyone against you. Like (I think) I said in that thread before I think other folks probably agreed with you they just didnt have the man hood to stand up and say what they thought."

Mark,
No apology necessary, but one thing I would ask is that in the future, either you or the moderator step in a lot quicker when things start to get out of hand or WAY off the topic or too dramatic. Hopefully we could avoid losing such a knowledgable/helpful member as Ronn in the future.

Also, even though I didn't see all the postings to this topic, what I did see demonstrated that the moderator has a very opinionated view of "trophy" hunting, and I'm not so sure that he successfully seperated his personal views from his role as the moderator. But, again, I didn't see all of the posts including all of Ronn's.

Last edited by onehorse; 09-15-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:01 PM
B&C 160 Class

i dont think thats a fair response onehorse you stated that you didnt read all the posts but you single out bruce for being at fault.both bruce and ronn had strong opinions on this issue,and unfortunately i think it turned into personal attacks.this is a forum and there are two sides to every issue.is bruce not entitled to a strong opinion on something he feels strongly about because hes a moderator.as strong as bruce felt about this issue ronn was equally adamant about his opinion.simply a topic taken to far that degenerated into personal mudslinging.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:23 PM

Sorry to go back into this but: I want everyone to understand my position on moderators. If I am unable to debate a topic at least to a certain level of discussion which may include my personal opinion then find another moderator. The major reasons I wanted to be a moderator was to enjoy exchanging thoughts and ideas and yes debating hunting/gun issues and also to help run the site. To simply sit back removing unwanted posts and not engaging in discussions would not be something I would continue to do. While I do not personally care for universal health care I should be able to discuss it and be a moderator at the same time. While the trophy hunting/outfitter debate got a bit out of hand I see no reason to tie the hands of the moderators and not engage period, in a posted topic. I wish the outfitter/trophy hunter debate would not have resulted in loosing a member, however, to simply sit back editing posts, won't cut it for me. If the membership/site owner demands that the moderators do not participate in discussions, then please let me know and my resignation will be swift. I always try to be helpful without out a lot of fanfare maybe inject a little humor once in a while but to stay on the sidelines only coaching sorry its not for me, I still like playing. HM

Last edited by Hunting Man; 09-15-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:00 PM

"I expect our mods on DHC to be a behind the scenes type group when it comes to peace making issues."

HM dont take that quote in above post wrong. Engage in all the heated conversation you want to. I just expect us as mods to help cool it down before its starts to go over the edge.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:08 AM
B&C 160 Class

Hay were all normal people and cant get every thing right the first time
Moderators are hunters first, that take on a extra job for are enjoyment
That subject just ended up in uncharted ground fast
When you look back now .yes it could have been handled different
but its over now, and we all learned some thing

The moderators are doing a fine job