Marijuana - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 01:06 AM
B&C 140 Class

Default Marijuana

I was going to post on the pain thread but decided this would get too far off topic. even though that's where it seems to be going.

well, I'll come out and say it then.

I think they should legalize and control marijuana. and then they should introduce it a legal Ag crop. Marijuana is the next soybean. and the United States, only because of its ignorance to the real facts and out dated policies is going to be left on the sideline while 3rd world countries are embracing the technological uses of the cannabis plant.

Its no worse in any way than alcohol which has been legal since the end of prohibition. Alcohol directly and indirectly kills how many every year?

regarding the latest findings on cannabis usage among youth, well 1st off , youths shouldn't be using a controlled substance just as they shouldn't be consuming alcohol. so that argument is not even worth arguing.
secondly, you shouldn't believe everything you read no matter who publishes it.

And regarding anyone hunting in the same general area you are in while being stoned on pot. well, they probably already are, and you didn't even know it.

Last edited by Predator; 08-18-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2010, 05:56 AM
B&C 160 Class

It seems pretty clear to me that making pot ilegal has had no effect on it's widespread use. It has made criminals out of people that wouldn't be criminals otherwise and introduced a substantial under ground economy. How much money has been spent chasing, prosecuting and incarcerating pot smokers?

I don't smoke it and wouldn't if it was legal but it seems like an awfull waste of money to try to stop it with nothing to show for it. This notion that it is a "gateway drug" is bull!@#$.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:07 AM
B&C 160 Class

here we go again
Old 08-18-2010, 07:26 AM

the Courts have been hearing the same ole things time after time after time, Criminals say things like,

"I didn't know what I was doing because I smoked a little pot earlier and was pretty high at the time i did it"
"Your Honor, I got high just before I committed the crime"
"we were smoking pot and not in our right minds"

That's why police enforce the laws and that's why pot is illegal.
If you want to see more people being run down and killed by drivers high on pot, legalize it.
If you want to hear about more women and children being victimized, legalize it.
If you don't mind having your homes robbed, cars stolen being held up at gun-point, legalize it.

pedophiles high on pot?
sex offenders high on pot?
murderers high on pot?
wife beaters high on pot?
hunters high on pot?
Airplane Pilots high on pot?
American Soldiers high on pot?
Americas President high on pot?
Congress high on pot?

come on are you serious, those are some good thoughts right there aren't they?

If you legalize pot you are going to see a major increase in the U.S. Crime index.
it's all common sense really, if there were no drunk drivers on the roads there'd be a huge decrease in the U.S. crimes index.

only the users and ill informed will support legalizing pot, the rest of the people understand how harmful pot is to a society.
Good day

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 08-18-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:18 AM
B&C 160 Class

Default i disagree

bruce congress and the president are high on pot
Old 08-18-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
bruce congress and the president are high on pot
I agree and look at the mess were in!

Old 08-18-2010, 11:37 AM
B&C 160 Class

Come on Bruce you surely don't believe all that, the fact is if it were legal there would not be any difference in behavior than before. Just becuase cigaretes are legal not everybody smokes them, just like not everybody drinks alcohol.

If someone wants to smoke pot they can find it everywhere now just because it's legal doesn't mean there will be more people smoking it. So it's a real strech that there would be an increase in crime as a result.

To me there's no difference in someone drinking themselves into oblivion or getting stoned into the next universe as long as they keep me out of it, it's none of my business.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:38 PM
ronn

been thinking on this all day and how to address it. i don't use pot but have good friends that do as recreational and a know some people that use habitually.

"I think they should legalize and control marijuana. and then they should introduce it a legal Ag crop. Marijuana is the next soybean. and the United States, only because of its ignorance to the real facts and out dated policies is going to be left on the sideline while 3rd world countries are embracing the technological uses of the cannabis plant." predator

hahaha what are you high or something? you really think the US will become a third world country if pot is not legalized?

if you don't believe pot is a gate way drug then you are high. just as etoh is a gate way drug. seen this first hand in my own family so there is no telling me it isn't. and the end result is another leach sucking an existance out of everyone that is out there busting their hump to get by.

the thinking that the law against pot is causing a illicit economy is backwards thinking. its not the law causing jack. its the law breakers causing it.

now for the record if the pop wants it legalized, so be it. but that won't stop these drug dealers they will still side step the new laws regulating pot. i don't use it and i guarantee you i won't be knowingly hiring these users to work for me. which if pot is legalized would probably become a crime itself.

there is nothing good coming from pot, not one thing. and i am willing to bet that most of these slugs sucking the life out of society that can't hold down a job so the go on unemployment, welfare, disability, or whatever are probably pot smokers. there should be a law that before you can get that unemployment check or welfare check you need to take and pass a piss test. granted there are plenty of functioning pot smokers but there are way more that are leaching off everyone else.

Last edited by ronn; 08-18-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:07 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post

and the end result is another leach sucking an existance out of everyone that is out there busting their hump to get by.

the thinking that the law against pot is causing a illicit economy is backwards thinking. its not the law causing jack. its the law breakers causing it.

now for the record if the pop wants it legalized, so be it. but that won't stop these drug dealers they will still side step the new laws regulating pot. i don't use it and i guarantee you i won't be knowingly hiring these users to work for me. which if pot is legalized would probably become a crime itself.

there is nothing good coming from pot, not one thing. and i am willing to bet that most of these slugs sucking the life out of society that can't hold down a job so the go on unemployment, welfare, disability, or whatever are probably pot smokers. there should be a law that before you can get that unemployment check or welfare check you need to take and pass a piss test. granted there are plenty of functioning pot smokers but there are where more that are leaching off everyone else.
Amen Brother!!!

I'm sorry but I can no longer fly by the motto "Live and Let Live" Somebody has got to start saying no.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Come on Bruce you surely don't believe all that, the fact is if it were legal there would not be any difference in behavior than before. Just becuase cigaretes are legal not everybody smokes them, just like not everybody drinks alcohol.

If someone wants to smoke pot they can find it everywhere now just because it's legal doesn't mean there will be more people smoking it. So it's a real strech that there would be an increase in crime as a result.

To me there's no difference in someone drinking themselves into oblivion or getting stoned into the next universe as long as they keep me out of it, it's none of my business.
OK buckshot you dont have to take my word for it, read the facts for yourself. NIDA (Natnl. Institute on Drug Abuse) InfoFacts: Marijuana<--click there

Closed Thread