Deer Hunting Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marijuana

17K views 59 replies 10 participants last post by  ronn 
#1 · (Edited)
I was going to post on the pain thread but decided this would get too far off topic. even though that's where it seems to be going.

well, I'll come out and say it then.

I think they should legalize and control marijuana. and then they should introduce it a legal Ag crop. Marijuana is the next soybean. and the United States, only because of its ignorance to the real facts and out dated policies is going to be left on the sideline while 3rd world countries are embracing the technological uses of the cannabis plant.

Its no worse in any way than alcohol which has been legal since the end of prohibition. Alcohol directly and indirectly kills how many every year?

regarding the latest findings on cannabis usage among youth, well 1st off , youths shouldn't be using a controlled substance just as they shouldn't be consuming alcohol. so that argument is not even worth arguing.
secondly, you shouldn't believe everything you read no matter who publishes it.

And regarding anyone hunting in the same general area you are in while being stoned on pot. well, they probably already are, and you didn't even know it.

See less See more
#2 ·
It seems pretty clear to me that making pot ilegal has had no effect on it's widespread use. It has made criminals out of people that wouldn't be criminals otherwise and introduced a substantial under ground economy. How much money has been spent chasing, prosecuting and incarcerating pot smokers?

I don't smoke it and wouldn't if it was legal but it seems like an awfull waste of money to try to stop it with nothing to show for it. This notion that it is a "gateway drug" is bull!@#$.

#19 ·
It seems pretty clear to me that making pot ilegal has had no effect on it's widespread use. It has made criminals out of people that wouldn't be criminals otherwise and introduced a substantial under ground economy. How much money has been spent chasing, prosecuting and incarcerating pot smokers?

I don't smoke it and wouldn't if it was legal but it seems like an awfull waste of money to try to stop it with nothing to show for it. This notion that it is a "gateway drug" is bull!@#$.
Absolutely!!

all you have to do is look at what happened to alcohol in the "20s" and then what happened after prohibition was lifted. our governmental resources could be much better used in more serious areas. like defending our borders from terrorist and policeing the banking systems or our polititions.

#4 · (Edited)
the Courts have been hearing the same ole things time after time after time, Criminals say things like,

"I didn't know what I was doing because I smoked a little pot earlier and was pretty high at the time i did it"
"Your Honor, I got high just before I committed the crime"
"we were smoking pot and not in our right minds"

That's why police enforce the laws and that's why pot is illegal.
If you want to see more people being run down and killed by drivers high on pot, legalize it.
If you want to hear about more women and children being victimized, legalize it.
If you don't mind having your homes robbed, cars stolen being held up at gun-point, legalize it.

pedophiles high on pot?
sex offenders high on pot?
murderers high on pot?
wife beaters high on pot?
hunters high on pot?
Airplane Pilots high on pot?
American Soldiers high on pot?
Americas President high on pot?
Congress high on pot?

come on are you serious, those are some good thoughts right there aren't they? :wallbash::wallbash:

If you legalize pot you are going to see a major increase in the U.S. Crime index.
it's all common sense really, if there were no drunk drivers on the roads there'd be a huge decrease in the U.S. crimes index.

only the users and ill informed will support legalizing pot, the rest of the people understand how harmful pot is to a society.
Good day

#7 ·
Come on Bruce you surely don't believe all that, the fact is if it were legal there would not be any difference in behavior than before. Just becuase cigaretes are legal not everybody smokes them, just like not everybody drinks alcohol.

If someone wants to smoke pot they can find it everywhere now just because it's legal doesn't mean there will be more people smoking it. So it's a real strech that there would be an increase in crime as a result.

To me there's no difference in someone drinking themselves into oblivion or getting stoned into the next universe as long as they keep me out of it, it's none of my business.

G
#8 · (Edited)
been thinking on this all day and how to address it. i don't use pot but have good friends that do as recreational and a know some people that use habitually.

"I think they should legalize and control marijuana. and then they should introduce it a legal Ag crop. Marijuana is the next soybean. and the United States, only because of its ignorance to the real facts and out dated policies is going to be left on the sideline while 3rd world countries are embracing the technological uses of the cannabis plant." predator

hahaha what are you high or something? you really think the US will become a third world country if pot is not legalized?

if you don't believe pot is a gate way drug then you are high. just as etoh is a gate way drug. seen this first hand in my own family so there is no telling me it isn't. and the end result is another leach sucking an existance out of everyone that is out there busting their hump to get by.

the thinking that the law against pot is causing a illicit economy is backwards thinking. its not the law causing jack. its the law breakers causing it.

now for the record if the pop wants it legalized, so be it. but that won't stop these drug dealers they will still side step the new laws regulating pot. i don't use it and i guarantee you i won't be knowingly hiring these users to work for me. which if pot is legalized would probably become a crime itself.

there is nothing good coming from pot, not one thing. and i am willing to bet that most of these slugs sucking the life out of society that can't hold down a job so the go on unemployment, welfare, disability, or whatever are probably pot smokers. there should be a law that before you can get that unemployment check or welfare check you need to take and pass a piss test. granted there are plenty of functioning pot smokers but there are way more that are leaching off everyone else.

#9 ·
and the end result is another leach sucking an existance out of everyone that is out there busting their hump to get by.

the thinking that the law against pot is causing a illicit economy is backwards thinking. its not the law causing jack. its the law breakers causing it.

now for the record if the pop wants it legalized, so be it. but that won't stop these drug dealers they will still side step the new laws regulating pot. i don't use it and i guarantee you i won't be knowingly hiring these users to work for me. which if pot is legalized would probably become a crime itself.

there is nothing good coming from pot, not one thing. and i am willing to bet that most of these slugs sucking the life out of society that can't hold down a job so the go on unemployment, welfare, disability, or whatever are probably pot smokers. there should be a law that before you can get that unemployment check or welfare check you need to take and pass a piss test. granted there are plenty of functioning pot smokers but there are where more that are leaching off everyone else.
Amen Brother!!!

I'm sorry but I can no longer fly by the motto "Live and Let Live" Somebody has got to start saying no.

#11 ·
off topic but

not only a piss test for welfare but if u aint crippled you work for it,and until you find a real job and can support your own kids you dont have anymore while on welfare.tired of seeing a person with 12 kids just waiting on a check.imagine if our past generations were as lazy as this one,its cool today for a kid to wear his hat sideways and smoke weed all day.well breathe a sigh of relief if that becomes my daughter in the future ill get er the help she needs.MY FOOT IN ER ASS.,

#12 ·
OK Bruce I read the article and not once did it mention crime. As a matter of fact it really didn't say it had any negative consequences with any certainty.

I agree with the notion anyone on the government handouts in any way should be drug screened. If you can afford to buy cigarettes, beer or dope you can afford to support yourself.

We drug screen at work and I'm glad for it. I wouldn't want to work with a bunch of dopers. But that doesn't change my view that what people do to themselves is none of my business.

G
#13 ·
OK Bruce I read the article and not once did it mention crime. As a matter of fact it really didn't say it had any negative consequences with any certainty.

I agree with the notion anyone on the government handouts in any way should be drug screened. If you can afford to buy cigarettes, beer or dope you can afford to support yourself.

We drug screen at work and I'm glad for it. I wouldn't want to work with a bunch of dopers. But that doesn't change my view that what people do to themselves is none of my business.
buckshot i agree with a lot of what you are saying. lord knows how many people on the roads just burned a rope or many hunters sitting on a stump out in the middle of nowhere just torched a fatty, probably more than we care to know.

where i do disagree is to the cost to all of us drug users/abusers force on those of us busting hump to make a living and raise our children with a sense of right and wrong. these kids/people with zero ambition, partly do to drugs, to be anywhere near a productive member of society just hang out, drink, smoke dope, make babies, and live off welfare moms and wic. thats a huge cost and legalizing pot won't change that.

#14 ·
This is really a tough one for me. I lost my brother to a combined alcohol/pot mix, my Dad to cigarettes so I probably wish all three were illegal. I'm not for legalizing pot nor do I like drunk drivers, however, I'm really against the federal government controlling everything in our lives. So maybe turn it over to the State voters and them them decide it. I have a really good friend/great hunter that knows his sht in the outdoors and smokes his pot, he will always be a good friend but that doesn't mean that I endorse it. I believe that commercialization of pot would bring giant profits to a big business, I just don't think it would be a good thing. This is not a black/white issue and I'm not talking race here, all the other stuff that is involved with any drug gets out of control and misused by some/many maybe? I don't really know what would happen if pot was legal? It's everywhere right now so what difference would it make? If if makes more demoncratic, well wisher, free money, baby boomers then no way!

#18 ·
"hahaha what are you high or something? you really think the US will become a third world country if pot is not legalized?"

Wow, did I say that?

Dont think so, read again!!!

I knew there would be very divided veiws when I decided to post this, but dont put words in my mouth.

#20 · (Edited)
"the Courts have been hearing the same ole things time after time after time, Criminals say things like,

"I didn't know what I was doing because I smoked a little pot earlier and was pretty high at the time i did it"
"Your Honor, I got high just before I committed the crime"
"we were smoking pot and not in our right minds""
What court, what judge, where?

"That's why police enforce the laws and that's why pot is illegal." Most cops I have discused this with would much rather spend their time persuing more serious crimes.
"If you want to see more people being run down and killed by drivers high on pot, legalize it." typical scare tactic
"If you want to hear about more women and children being victimized, legalize it." typical scare tactic
"If you don't mind having your homes robbed, cars stolen being held up at gun-point, legalize it." typical scare tactic

"If you legalize pot you are going to see a major increase in the U.S. Crime index." Just the opposite, you will see a drop because there will be 20,000,000 less criminals
"it's all common sense really, if there were no drunk drivers on the roads there'd be a huge decrease in the U.S. crimes index." Wow, maybe we could solve the alcohol problem by making it illegal. hmmm, maybe not. seems making things illegal is what causes the problems.

"only the users and ill informed will support legalizing pot, the rest of the people understand how harmful pot is to a society."

This is the kind of misinformation the government has been shoving down everyones throat for years, and the well informed and inteligent have woken up and realized the lies.

And since there are seamingly more and more links being added for our reading enjoyment, I did a little searching and found one that can counter almost anything the other links lay claim to. enjoy Marijuana Law Reform - NORML

#25 ·
And since there are seamingly more and more links being added for our reading enjoyment, I did a little searching and found one that can counter almost anything the other links lay claim to.
predator I wont even waste my time looking at the opinion filled link you posted because I already have the "FACTS",.
Facts are all I need to determine whether marijuana should or should not be legalized AND you can search the net all day long
and you'll find a whole slew of idiots babbling about why it should be legalized but take notice that all my links come from professional groups,
Groups who do scientific studies and statistical analysis to determine the real facts on marijuana use and abuse
and not some yahoo group that just wants to continue to get high on pot daily without risk of punishment
and that my friend is the bottom line as to why the yahoo's want it legalized.

#21 · (Edited)
guess sence im the one who brought up pot in the other thread ill post my views.
1. do i think pot should be leagal for recreational use..... i realy dont care one way or the other. its no worce that alcahol. pluss being illegal dont realy stop anyone any way.
2. do i think it should be legalized for medicanal perposes..... absolutly. I am a 30% disabaled Vet. the VA (veterans affairs) had me on a long list of pain killers for a long time.( to enclude Vicoden, perkaset, and a long list of muscle relacsers. the even offored me Oxycotton but i refused it due to its high risk of dependancy) i ended up haveing to refuse to take them any more because they were tearing my guts up.( had some liver isues, and developed bad gurt (cronic acid reflux). now i hope this next statment wont make any one think any less of me. but i smoke pot as a pain reliever. i only do it in my house, and do not even so much as leave my house wile high. pluss i realy dont do that much. i have had the same 1/8th for the last month, and iv only used about 1/2 of it.( to a stoner an 1/8 wont last more than a day maybe two). i have a job, work 6 days a week, am a good father to my kids, own my own home, and pay my bills and taxes, and am in no way a burden to sociaty. But the simple act of killing the pain i suffer for my services to this countery makes me a criminal. now i just dont think that is right

G
#22 ·
the United States, only because of its ignorance to the real facts and out dated policies is going to be left on the sideline while 3rd world countries are embracing the technological uses of the cannabis plant.
yup thats pretty much what you said. if its sitting the sidelines and be passed by third world countries then the us becomes a third world country.

my brother-in-law died at 42 from drugs and etoh and it started with pot in high school. nothing good comes out of pot

#24 ·
After all the drinking, smoking pot, smoking cigarettes who should pay for the accidents, health care related costs, loss work time, ect ect. When does one's pursuit of happiness and the economic costs to others become intolerable and unfair. I don't want to pay one cent toward another's bad habits. We have enough limited capacity drivers on the road right now, I can't see giving a whole lot more a license to smoke pot legally and drive. Please don't tell me that when under the influence you are normal.:rolleyes: Cell phones are killing kids everyday, lets give them a right to smoke pot and text too. For pain relief for injured vets or non pot related accidents, maybe? I'll put in some more thought as we digest the posts.

G
#27 · (Edited)
hm thats is the unseen cost. as with my brother-in-law. his values were taught to his oldest son that is now costing us in area of law enforcement. he also left 3 little kids form his most recent marriage that i guarantee we are all paying to support. yea pots great.

now do we need to talk about my own brother and where pot has gotten him? 44 years old on ss because the pot smoking lifestyle he was into made him sick with hep. not a big deal i guess but he never really payed into ss being in and out of jail and not being able to hold down a job. yea pot is great we should all smoke it.

people talk about the postitive technologies that is involved with cannabis which can all be and have been replaced with other things. they don't really care about that. what they are really after is a high. most are slack jaw hypocrites that will never reach their full potential as a productive human beings because pot will hold them back, legalized or not.

#28 ·
as a father of a young child(8yrs) i would consider myself lucky if all she did when she was older was smoked a little pot and moved on.my fear is for kids who move on to other drugs.i have nothing against people who use it,we all have friends who do but right now i think in this world were moving to fast.for god sakes these kids are doin oxycontin@heroin at 16,17,18,yrs old.these lives are totally destroyed.My opinion is by making it legal it sends the wrong message.grown adults who use it thats their business but i don think id be comfortable wacthing my kid smoke legal pot.i dont understand the big push to make it legal its not like it would lower the price.i imagine eventually the government would make money on it and the same peole who wanted it legalized would be screaming.

#33 ·
you brought it up...

"After all the drinking, smoking pot, smoking cigarettes who should pay for the accidents, health care related costs, loss work time, ect ect. When does one's pursuit of happiness and the economic costs to others become intolerable and unfair."

#35 ·
I don't smoke grass so it really don't make any difference to me. California is in the process of legalization and will stand a really good chance of eliminating the state debt with the taxation of legalized marijuana.

the hemp plant is a renewable resource that can be utilized in as many or more ways than the soybean. and because of this countries drug policies we are not fully realizing the potential a new cash crop could have on the current economy. fortunately California will be the litmus test. with many more states facing the same fate as Cal, they may be quick to change there tune on legalized pot. hypocrisy in government at its best.

#36 ·
all we seam to be debating is wether or not it should be legal for reqreational use, with no restrictions. i want to know how you guys feel about it being legalized for medicanal perposes, and that you would need a script form your doc to have it. its not that hard of a concept. right now you get cought with vicoden or perkaset and no script you get arested.... you get cought with pot and no script you get arested. and if there is no medicanal peropses like you guys say, then no doc will give out scripts. that simple. i dont think its right that i am a criminal just for the way i choose to fight my pain.

G
#37 ·
cali legalized medical marijuana and right from the get go things went south with abuses and illegal activity.

huntnh if marijuana has a medical purpose then right a script for it like any other controlled drug. but every time i've seen a dr talk about medical marijuana they always say "it seems to" or, "the patient claims relief". no actual testing. i don't have a problem with medical marijuana but you should have to get it from a dr, not a store on the corner.

#38 ·
cali legalized medical marijuana and right from the get go things went south with abuses and illegal activity.
Excellent point ronn.,
huntnh, Marijuana has NO medicinal purpose period. the ONLY reason for trying to legalize pot is so the wasted users can keep getting high without worries of getting into trouble.

huntnh quote; "right now you get cought with vicoden or perkaset and no script you get arested...."

and that's the way it should be because if someone has it without a script then the must have gotten it by illegal means and that's a crime.

Predator, the sites I refer to are government sites because the "drug users and abusers are the reasons the Government had to develop them and that's just another example of how pot heads and other drug abusers caused the American tax payers more burden.

It's a sad day when the best someone can do is cause more Burden to the United States of America. I'm done with this subject as well.

#40 ·
People have been smoking pot since the beginning of time. yes, some people use it for reasons for which are wrong. I was hurt pretty bad while serving Active Duty, and once my discharge came through, nothing would help my pain, except for pot. and NO i dont smoke anymore, but when it comes to medicinal uses, yes, i believe it should be legalized. last year countless numbers of mothers,fathers, brothers, etc. died due to drunk driving. them being the cause, or some dumb-ass who decided 12 beers wasnt his limit, and he'd drive home. do you know how many deaths were caused last year from people "Smoking and driving"? ZERO. none. I understand how some people feel that it isnt a drug that should be legalized. but lets look at this. over $68,000 it costs our states PER year, PER person in jail. now the guy who got pulled over with a dime bag in his car, is serving a year plus. the average person in the US makes less than 50K a year. while we have crack heads and heroin addicts breaking into houses to get a "fix". how many stoners/potheads have you met that were "bad people". probably a few, but not as many ass hole alcoholics/drunks. Our national debt keeps climbing as our entire executive branch of the Gov't. and due to the "increases" in our taxes, etc., we lay out MORE money for people who just plain dont want to work. people like me are getting the shaft, and work 70 and 80 hour weeks so that we can stay alive, and put food on the table. How many people die every year to alcohol. and the people who are so against pot, are usually, and i said usually, the ones who go to a party, drink, and then say, "oh, ive only had a few, im good to drive". So to close this out. Control it, just like alcohol. tax the **** out of it like cigarettes, and everybody be nice!

#41 ·
do you know how many deaths were caused last year from people "Smoking and driving"? ZERO. none.
February 16 2010 right here in Vermont we had 2 people die in an automobile accident, Cause of the accident "A POT SMOKING LOSER"..

DON'T even try to tell me or anyone else that pot doesnt kill on our highways!

here's the story,,, Police: Driver in Burlington beltine crash high on pot

I know I said my last post was my last but, extremehunters post needed to be addressed with some real facts..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.