Marijuana - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 02:06 AM
B&C 160 Class

guess sence im the one who brought up pot in the other thread ill post my views.
1. do i think pot should be leagal for recreational use..... i realy dont care one way or the other. its no worce that alcahol. pluss being illegal dont realy stop anyone any way.
2. do i think it should be legalized for medicanal perposes..... absolutly. I am a 30% disabaled Vet. the VA (veterans affairs) had me on a long list of pain killers for a long time.( to enclude Vicoden, perkaset, and a long list of muscle relacsers. the even offored me Oxycotton but i refused it due to its high risk of dependancy) i ended up haveing to refuse to take them any more because they were tearing my guts up.( had some liver isues, and developed bad gurt (cronic acid reflux). now i hope this next statment wont make any one think any less of me. but i smoke pot as a pain reliever. i only do it in my house, and do not even so much as leave my house wile high. pluss i realy dont do that much. i have had the same 1/8th for the last month, and iv only used about 1/2 of it.( to a stoner an 1/8 wont last more than a day maybe two). i have a job, work 6 days a week, am a good father to my kids, own my own home, and pay my bills and taxes, and am in no way a burden to sociaty. But the simple act of killing the pain i suffer for my services to this countery makes me a criminal. now i just dont think that is right

Last edited by hunt NH; 08-19-2010 at 02:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2010, 05:32 AM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
the United States, only because of its ignorance to the real facts and out dated policies is going to be left on the sideline while 3rd world countries are embracing the technological uses of the cannabis plant.
yup thats pretty much what you said. if its sitting the sidelines and be passed by third world countries then the us becomes a third world country.

my brother-in-law died at 42 from drugs and etoh and it started with pot in high school. nothing good comes out of pot
Old 08-19-2010, 05:35 AM
ronn

Quote:
Absolutely!!

all you have to do is look at what happened to alcohol in the "20s" and then what happened after prohibition was lifted. our governmental resources could be much better used in more serious areas. like defending our borders from terrorist and policeing the banking systems or our polititions.
backwards thinking. the law doesn't cause this illicit economy. the law breakers do. pretty simple concept that is mixed up by a lot of people in a lot of issues.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:59 AM

After all the drinking, smoking pot, smoking cigarettes who should pay for the accidents, health care related costs, loss work time, ect ect. When does one's pursuit of happiness and the economic costs to others become intolerable and unfair. I don't want to pay one cent toward another's bad habits. We have enough limited capacity drivers on the road right now, I can't see giving a whole lot more a license to smoke pot legally and drive. Please don't tell me that when under the influence you are normal. Cell phones are killing kids everyday, lets give them a right to smoke pot and text too. For pain relief for injured vets or non pot related accidents, maybe? I'll put in some more thought as we digest the posts.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
And since there are seamingly more and more links being added for our reading enjoyment, I did a little searching and found one that can counter almost anything the other links lay claim to.
predator I wont even waste my time looking at the opinion filled link you posted because I already have the "FACTS",.
Facts are all I need to determine whether marijuana should or should not be legalized AND you can search the net all day long
and you'll find a whole slew of idiots babbling about why it should be legalized but take notice that all my links come from professional groups,
Groups who do scientific studies and statistical analysis to determine the real facts on marijuana use and abuse
and not some yahoo group that just wants to continue to get high on pot daily without risk of punishment
and that my friend is the bottom line as to why the yahoo's want it legalized.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:29 AM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
predator I wont even waste my time looking at the opinion filled link you posted because I already have the "FACTS",.
Facts are all I need to determine whether marijuana should or should not be legalized AND you can search the net all day long
and you'll find a whole slew of idiots babbling about why it should be legalized but take notice that all my links come from professional groups,
Groups who do scientific studies and statistical analysis to determine the real facts on marijuana use and abuse
and not some yahoo group that just wants to continue to get high on pot daily without risk of punishment
and that my friend is the bottom line as to why the yahoo's want it legalized.
bb this is one of the rare times i have to agree 100% with you. but just on this issue i reserve the rights on others. grin

opinions written by mouth breathing slackers really aren't very solid proof. as i heard or read somewhere one shouldn't believe everything they read. well if push comes to shove i'm going to believe the professionals.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:39 AM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
After all the drinking, smoking pot, smoking cigarettes who should pay for the accidents, health care related costs, loss work time, ect ect. When does one's pursuit of happiness and the economic costs to others become intolerable and unfair. I don't want to pay one cent toward another's bad habits. We have enough limited capacity drivers on the road right now, I can't see giving a whole lot more a license to smoke pot legally and drive. Please don't tell me that when under the influence you are normal. Cell phones are killing kids everyday, lets give them a right to smoke pot and text too. For pain relief for injured vets or non pot related accidents, maybe? I'll put in some more thought as we digest the posts.
hm thats is the unseen cost. as with my brother-in-law. his values were taught to his oldest son that is now costing us in area of law enforcement. he also left 3 little kids form his most recent marriage that i guarantee we are all paying to support. yea pots great.

now do we need to talk about my own brother and where pot has gotten him? 44 years old on ss because the pot smoking lifestyle he was into made him sick with hep. not a big deal i guess but he never really payed into ss being in and out of jail and not being able to hold down a job. yea pot is great we should all smoke it.

people talk about the postitive technologies that is involved with cannabis which can all be and have been replaced with other things. they don't really care about that. what they are really after is a high. most are slack jaw hypocrites that will never reach their full potential as a productive human beings because pot will hold them back, legalized or not.

Last edited by ronn; 08-19-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:56 AM
B&C 160 Class

Thumbs down

as a father of a young child(8yrs) i would consider myself lucky if all she did when she was older was smoked a little pot and moved on.my fear is for kids who move on to other drugs.i have nothing against people who use it,we all have friends who do but right now i think in this world were moving to fast.for god sakes these kids are doin oxycontin@heroin at 16,17,18,yrs old.these lives are totally destroyed.My opinion is by making it legal it sends the wrong message.grown adults who use it thats their business but i don think id be comfortable wacthing my kid smoke legal pot.i dont understand the big push to make it legal its not like it would lower the price.i imagine eventually the government would make money on it and the same peole who wanted it legalized would be screaming.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:19 PM

Pot used to be the baddest drug around. Now it's meth, heroin, coke and probably others.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:38 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
I am sure there is someone out there saying the same thing about hunters boaters fisherman and how they don't want to cover the cost of their entertainment when they drown , fall out of stands or get shot.
PSE 2006 FIRESTORM LITE #70
PSE 2009 TREESTAND GX #70
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70

The Devils Advocate

Revelation 22:17

Closed Thread