Marijuana - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 05:34 PM
B&C 160 Class

Angry off topic but

not only a piss test for welfare but if u aint crippled you work for it,and until you find a real job and can support your own kids you dont have anymore while on welfare.tired of seeing a person with 12 kids just waiting on a check.imagine if our past generations were as lazy as this one,its cool today for a kid to wear his hat sideways and smoke weed all day.well breathe a sigh of relief if that becomes my daughter in the future ill get er the help she needs.MY FOOT IN ER ASS.,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2010, 06:06 PM
B&C 160 Class

OK Bruce I read the article and not once did it mention crime. As a matter of fact it really didn't say it had any negative consequences with any certainty.

I agree with the notion anyone on the government handouts in any way should be drug screened. If you can afford to buy cigarettes, beer or dope you can afford to support yourself.

We drug screen at work and I'm glad for it. I wouldn't want to work with a bunch of dopers. But that doesn't change my view that what people do to themselves is none of my business.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:18 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
OK Bruce I read the article and not once did it mention crime. As a matter of fact it really didn't say it had any negative consequences with any certainty.

I agree with the notion anyone on the government handouts in any way should be drug screened. If you can afford to buy cigarettes, beer or dope you can afford to support yourself.

We drug screen at work and I'm glad for it. I wouldn't want to work with a bunch of dopers. But that doesn't change my view that what people do to themselves is none of my business.
buckshot i agree with a lot of what you are saying. lord knows how many people on the roads just burned a rope or many hunters sitting on a stump out in the middle of nowhere just torched a fatty, probably more than we care to know.

where i do disagree is to the cost to all of us drug users/abusers force on those of us busting hump to make a living and raise our children with a sense of right and wrong. these kids/people with zero ambition, partly do to drugs, to be anywhere near a productive member of society just hang out, drink, smoke dope, make babies, and live off welfare moms and wic. thats a huge cost and legalizing pot won't change that.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:36 PM

This is really a tough one for me. I lost my brother to a combined alcohol/pot mix, my Dad to cigarettes so I probably wish all three were illegal. I'm not for legalizing pot nor do I like drunk drivers, however, I'm really against the federal government controlling everything in our lives. So maybe turn it over to the State voters and them them decide it. I have a really good friend/great hunter that knows his sht in the outdoors and smokes his pot, he will always be a good friend but that doesn't mean that I endorse it. I believe that commercialization of pot would bring giant profits to a big business, I just don't think it would be a good thing. This is not a black/white issue and I'm not talking race here, all the other stuff that is involved with any drug gets out of control and misused by some/many maybe? I don't really know what would happen if pot was legal? It's everywhere right now so what difference would it make? If if makes more demoncratic, well wisher, free money, baby boomers then no way!
Old 08-18-2010, 06:41 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
This is really a tough one for me. I lost my brother to a combined alcohol/pot mix, my Dad to cigarettes so I probably wish all three were illegal. I'm not for legalizing pot nor do I like drunk drivers, however, I'm really against the federal government controlling everything in our lives. So maybe turn it over to the State voters and them them decide it. I have a really good friend/great hunter that knows his sht in the outdoors and smokes his pot, he will always be a good friend but that doesn't mean that I endorse it. I believe that commercialization of pot would bring giant profits to a big business, I just don't think it would be a good thing. This is not a black/white issue and I'm not talking race here, all the other stuff that is involved with any drug gets out of control and misused by some/many maybe? I don't really know what would happen if pot was legal? It's everywhere right now so what difference would it make? If if makes more demoncratic, well wisher, free money, baby boomers then no way!
i hear ya. like i said some of my best friends, people i really enjoy spending time with, smoke pot but these are the functioning users but i believe there are way more non functioning users.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:

OH sorry Buckshot, I have a lot of links on the subject because in the past, I did some personal investigating to educate my ownself on the subject.
Here's a link from the U.S. DEA (Drug enforcement Agency) on Drug crimes and how Crime, Violence, and Drug Use Go Hand-In-Hand.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:15 PM
B&C 160 Class

I think they should legalize it
And stop putting ever kid with a roach in the jail and ruin their lives with a criminal record..... all we do is pay there room and board
People grow out of it and can go on to live a normal life
Old 08-18-2010, 11:19 PM
B&C 140 Class

"hahaha what are you high or something? you really think the US will become a third world country if pot is not legalized?"

Wow, did I say that?

Dont think so, read again!!!

I knew there would be very divided veiws when I decided to post this, but dont put words in my mouth.
PSE 2006 FIRESTORM LITE #70
PSE 2009 TREESTAND GX #70
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70

The Devils Advocate

Revelation 22:17

Old 08-18-2010, 11:38 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
It seems pretty clear to me that making pot ilegal has had no effect on it's widespread use. It has made criminals out of people that wouldn't be criminals otherwise and introduced a substantial under ground economy. How much money has been spent chasing, prosecuting and incarcerating pot smokers?

I don't smoke it and wouldn't if it was legal but it seems like an awfull waste of money to try to stop it with nothing to show for it. This notion that it is a "gateway drug" is bull!@#$.
Absolutely!!

all you have to do is look at what happened to alcohol in the "20s" and then what happened after prohibition was lifted. our governmental resources could be much better used in more serious areas. like defending our borders from terrorist and policeing the banking systems or our polititions.
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70

The Devils Advocate

Old 08-19-2010, 12:26 AM
B&C 140 Class

"the Courts have been hearing the same ole things time after time after time, Criminals say things like,

"I didn't know what I was doing because I smoked a little pot earlier and was pretty high at the time i did it"
"Your Honor, I got high just before I committed the crime"
"we were smoking pot and not in our right minds""
What court, what judge, where?

"That's why police enforce the laws and that's why pot is illegal." Most cops I have discused this with would much rather spend their time persuing more serious crimes.
"If you want to see more people being run down and killed by drivers high on pot, legalize it." typical scare tactic
"If you want to hear about more women and children being victimized, legalize it." typical scare tactic
"If you don't mind having your homes robbed, cars stolen being held up at gun-point, legalize it." typical scare tactic

"If you legalize pot you are going to see a major increase in the U.S. Crime index." Just the opposite, you will see a drop because there will be 20,000,000 less criminals
"it's all common sense really, if there were no drunk drivers on the roads there'd be a huge decrease in the U.S. crimes index." Wow, maybe we could solve the alcohol problem by making it illegal. hmmm, maybe not. seems making things illegal is what causes the problems.

"only the users and ill informed will support legalizing pot, the rest of the people understand how harmful pot is to a society."

This is the kind of misinformation the government has been shoving down everyones throat for years, and the well informed and inteligent have woken up and realized the lies.

And since there are seamingly more and more links being added for our reading enjoyment, I did a little searching and found one that can counter almost anything the other links lay claim to. enjoy Marijuana Law Reform - NORML
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70

The Devils Advocate

Last edited by Predator; 08-19-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Closed Thread