Pain - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:34 AM

First off there's no such thing as medicinal marijuana, Many doctors have said it isn't and shouldn't be prescribed as a medicine for any ailment.
Some Cancer patients have enjoyed using it habitually because they say it eases their pain for short periods which would be the same as drinking alcohol and
getting drunk and re drunk and re drunk over and over again it's the same scenario..

No I don't think legalizing marijuana is a good idea at all, We already have enough problems with Alcohol abuse in this country,
adding problems to the already existing problems doesn't seem very logical to me.

P.S. would you want to be hunting around other hunters who might be getting high if pot was legal?

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 08-10-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2010, 10:16 AM
B&C 160 Class

im not against anyone using pot who is terminal if it brings them relief.remember this the biggest drug problem in this country are prescribed drugs,they are the most abused.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:09 PM

The one thing a terminal patient can hope for is a strong immune system but according to the Director (Nora D. Volkow, M.D.) of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

Dr. Volkow says, "The use of marijuana can produce adverse physical, mental, emotional, and behavioral changes, and - contrary to popular belief - it can be addictive.
Marijuana smoke, like cigarette smoke, can harm the lungs. The use of marijuana can impair short-term memory, verbal skills, and judgment and distort perception. It also may weaken the immune system and possibly increase a user's likelihood of developing cancer.
Finally, the increasing use of marijuana by very young teens may have a profoundly negative effect upon their development."

I used to think that medicinal marijuana might be a good idea until I learned more about the studies that have been done and their fact findings.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:59 PM

I agree I would not want to be in the woods with someone stoned for one how would you ever see a deer when all you would hear in the woods is bags of chips & twinkee wrapers being opened when I wrecked my shoulder last year it was physical therapy, 800mgs of Ibuprofen & rest now just Ibuprofen few times a week & muscle rebuilding no issues with it now was back to shooting the bow daily in a little over a month
Old 08-10-2010, 01:47 PM
B&C 160 Class

im not advocating using pot and hunting,but if someone is terminal who cares what the doctor says.these same doctors tell me take 3 loritab a day and have a zanax at bed.now thats not gonna eat up my guts and become addictive.doctors put their pants on like you and me their word isnt gospel.i take nothing and i dont believe everything they say.if i destroyed my liver from their rx do u think they would own up to it.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:47 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
i agree i would not want to be in the woods with someone stoned for one how would you ever see a deer when all you would hear in the woods is bags of chips & twinkee wrapers being opened
lol........
Old 08-10-2010, 07:18 PM
B&C 160 Class

I Carry to much stuff all ready
The extra sack for the munchies would be over my stands weight limit
Old 08-11-2010, 12:27 AM
B&C 160 Class

no i absolutly do not want anyone out in the woods hunting stoned near me. but do you think pot is the only way someone can get stoned? what makes any of us think that the guy hunting down the street is not hunting wile takeing his perscriptions (IE. vicoden, perkiset, oxycotton, any muscle relaxers). i almost dare to say that the chances of someone going out into the woods to hunt on pot are much less than the perscriptions mentioned above because you can take them with out the deer smelling you from 10 miles away. i am for the legalization of pot for medicinal perposes. (not so some teenage punks can get stoned)

Last edited by hunt NH; 08-11-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:24 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
I'm in constant pain with my ankle, I shattered my left Talus bone in 1988 and lost 95% of the blood supply to that bone. I was told by an orthapedic expert, Dr. Roger Mann, I believe he's from California that nothing could be done medically to repair my injury, basically what he said was If you baby your ankle you may be able to keep your foot for life but if you beat your ankle up you're most likely going to have the foot amputated at some point, I went from being VERY active to doing very little but eventually learning to redo some things differently like hunting.
I cant/dont tackle hunting situations that I know I cant handle any longer like hunting mountains which I think I was best at, I avoid locations that require long/or lots of walkiing. I do sometimes use tree stands but that really causes a lot of pain so I stay on the ground for the most part, My 4 wheeler is my best tool but now many land owners are closing down their lands from 4 wheelers because of the actions of the few idiots who care less about ruining it for anyone else. I try to pattern my hunts according to where I'm hunting and how I'm hunting that day but deer never cooperate some days I'll walk too far which means the next day I'm struggling to get out of bed becuse my ankle's become so swollen which means another late start or worse not even being able to get out that day.
Because of my love for hunting I'm going to make every effort to be in the woods as much as possible..

After all I've learned from my past hunts my present and future hunts are now smarter hunts not harder hunts.
I'm not sure exactly which bones are what but my dad had "ankle replacement surgery" maybe this is an option for you. It is relatively new surgery but i will tell you get it sooner than later if it is an option. At 35 years old i got a total shoulder replacement, i was told for 10 years i was too young to wait and put it off, i wish i had insisted they do it because i am pretty much pain free.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:26 PM

guppy at 35 that was young for a replacement! However, if a new neck would get rid of the pain I'd go in tomorrow. Glad it worked out for you.