expectations - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:56 PM
B&C 140 Class

To get one more for the wall or 2, maybe 3. Considering how many got a free pass from last season this one should be a great one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2010, 11:12 AM

Spiker, good luck on your neck surgery. I had the 5th & 6th done 3 years ago and well now the 4th is bad. You can expect fairly good pain for 3-4 days then slowly eases up. I'm still a bit weak on the right side but still hunting. Go slow on the re-hab, don't over do it. Best wishes for a great recovery.

As far as this years plans: same as the last 38 seasons, spend quality time with great friends pursuing bucks with bows, either/or with flintlock, hunting safe, getting in one more season with my son.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:04 PM
B&C 160 Class

thanks hm,just gotta be ready by oct16 but if i have to with the bow ill wait till around nov3 usually are rut starting
Old 08-06-2010, 04:17 PM

I had my surgery on June 5th and bow hunted nov 3rd. I did drop my bow weight 5lbs.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:25 PM
B&C 160 Class

u know hm i dont no whats BS but there telling me with the replacement theres really no rehab.Been told my throat will be sore from the tube and just not to lift anything heavy for 2 months.no neck brace even.notice this they said lift i can still DRAG!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:34 PM

Spiker, my surgery most likely was different than yours will be. I had 2 disks removed and titanium plate & screws installed. I wish now I had tried something different instead of just locking up three disks and loosing 50% neck movement. As far as just a sore throat???? I was in in pretty good pain for a couple of days using their heavy meds, then slowly eased up. I hope they're correct an you will be in no major discomfort. I assume they are in-planting some sort of artificial disk product to maintain most movement. My surgery was through the front of my neck, my voice was different for several weeks.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:24 PM
B&C 100 Class

i am a broken down specimen of a outdoorsman . Six years ago I had shoulder surgery and was out ice fishing a derby the next morning at 5 AM. A few years ago I had three screws put in my right forearm and was out turkey hunting two days later. Last Oct. I had my gall bladder removed and went out pheasant hunting three days later.My loving wife says I'm stupid but, Where theres a will theres a way. Good luck !!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:57 AM
B&C 160 Class

for me hm im 39yrs old thats why i didnt want the neck fusion.usually theres a loss of motion and over time the other discs collaspe because of lack of support from the fused ones.i had to fight the ins.company because this operation is expensive.they go thru the front and are putting two new pro discs in and secure them with titanium.i heard nothing but positive news from people who had this.i hope your situation improves i know the pain your in.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:54 AM
B&C 100 Class

I too have neck vertebrae problems from a water skiing accident seventeen years ago that I never had fixed because of no insurance. I eat four Advil every night before bed so I won't have a severe neck ache in the AM. It's now severe arthritis and they recommend surgery But I 'm all set for a while. I am 47 and have had 9 surgeries in the last fifteen years. I know your pain and I wish you luck !!! I get through it keeping in mind a saying from an old eighties movie with Tom Hanks, i think it was the bachelor party." Pain is such a cheap high if you channel it right "! HA HA HA !!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:50 PM
B&C 160 Class

i wanna get this back to bowhunting ,thanks for the concern but i wanna hear everybodies hopes and expectations.