Deer Hunting Forums banner

if hunting were banned

10K views 39 replies 14 participants last post by  delbert 
#1 ·
I am curious, consider this question and your answer well before commenting.

If all hunting and fishing were banned tomorrow.

would you abide by the law, and never hunt or fish again.

consider all future posibilities, even the extreme ones....

#2 ·
Hopefully it never happens, however, the current addminstration would like to impose this very law, it would in my most humble opinion, insure their defeat for a 2nd term. When extreme governmental policies remove the fundamental rights of its citizens, then its up to the people to take them back. A time will come when the testing of the people's reserve will happen. How do you stack up? :boxing:

#7 ·
I agree! And taking them back is what I have been attempting to convey in many of these discussions, "taking back" may even occure physically before politically.

#4 ·
thats a tough question i know there be a lot of angry people.the impact on my life would be severe without hunting.I prepare all yr,all the work at the property all hunting related.dont know what i would do for a hobby.I guess i would try to follow the law but i couldnt guarrantee anything.Just thinking about this scares the out of me:surprised:

#6 ·
very good, now the clincher.

your work to over turn the law is in vein, it can never be over turned. it was drafted that way when passed.

#8 ·
All Laws can be overturned the only way to defeat this sort of law is through the Political process,
trying to take back individual rights by any other means is criminal and only creates more of a problem not a solution.

Every Law can be changed "IF" the voting majority decides to Unite to make it happen through the voting process.

#9 ·
Obviously, this question is an extension of the hunting poll discussion that's been going on here, and was raised, as a hypothetical, to see what some of the guys (Ronn and Bruce) would do in an extreme situation. Looks like they are sticking to their guns (no pun intended ... really). To me, that just shows these guys have thought this through - even to an extreme and are not changing their stance. That just reinforces my belief in their integrity. Whether you agree with them or not, you gotta respect these gentlemen.

G
#10 ·
thanks onehorse. i figured out a long time ago that "they" can take way my job, money, guns, everything, but there is something no one can ever take, ones values or principles. this shouldn't be for sale at any price, unfortunately there are some that circum to the pressures to sell (some poloticians leap to mind), held onto at all costs, and never given away. all that other stuff one can live without but without principles one has lost. i've tried to teach my kids this. i hope it took.

#13 ·
iv been keeping my eye on this topic, but have refrained from posting cause there are so many possible ways this sinario could be interpreted. and i dont know what other topic lead to this one, or it it was an atempt to bait Ronn and Bruce into chainging there views on somthing. but if my right/ privalige to hunt or fish recreationaly were taken away. i would try to work it out the legal way, and obay the law till it got over turned. and i totaly respect Ronn and Bruce for sticking to there pricables. but will say this, if anyone tryed to take away my rights to feed my family, or tryed to legislate me out of my 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms.... lets just say. Out of my cold dead hands.

#14 ·
Im not trying to bait anyone into changing their veiws, I am mearly attempting to expand their veiws beyond the here and now. as I stated in the last ammendment to the post, the law was crafted so that it could not EVER be overturned in future diplomatic processes. plain and simply put, the basic question is this. you can abide by the law and choose never to hunt or fish again or you can break the law and hunt and fish forever more. no in betweens and no changing the law back by political dueprocess.

#15 ·
Im not trying to bait anyone into changing their veiws, I am mearly attempting to expand their veiws beyond the here and now. as I stated in the last amendment to the post, the law was crafted so that it could not EVER be overturned in future diplomatic processes. plain and simply put, the basic question is this. you can abide by the law and choose never to hunt or fish again or you can break the law and hunt and fish forever more. no in betweens and no changing the law back by political dueprocess.
It's ok Predator you can admit that you tried baiting me or ronn, it became obvious when you amended your original post adding the clincher that was the bait to try and change my/our views..
But your "never be allowed to hunt again Law" is related to another Law called "Prohibition", when written it was worded so it could never be changed BUT through the power of the voting people "Prohibition" was changed by the power of the people, through a political process the voting "Majority" voted against it.

I should note that many States have individual Hunting & Fishing laws within their State Constitutions.
Since 1777 Vermonts have had a Right to hunt and fish, Vermont was the first Individual State to Guarantee by law a hunters right to hunt and a fishermans right to fish.

#17 ·
Time to lighten this subject up a bit.
Now that the subject of Prohibition has been brought up and we are spending a lot of time talking about a hypothetical, how about this question: If you had a choice between losing your Second Amendment rights or a return to Prohibition, which one would you choose?:unsure:
I imagine for some of us, if Prohibition were reinstated, we'd want to keep our guns so we could shoot ourselves, but if we lost our guns, we'd need the have plenty of booze to dull the pain!:wacko:

#22 ·
My honest intention for this thread was not designed to bait anyone into changing their beliefs or stances. it was designed to encourage the reader to search themselves in a situation of extreme cuircumstances and determine to what extent they would support (by abiding) a law change
that clearly denied them of their rights. even with the knowledge the law was irreversable.

#23 ·
In this day and time of an over reaching federal government, PETA and the humane society all wanting to take away personal freedoms and rights, it is not inconceivable that some ridicules law may be passed that would curtail our "Right" to hunt. I say "right to hunt" because I believe that it is a right to hunt not a "privilege". Privileges can be taken away where a right cannot.

Anyone who believes that there is not a progressive left agenda that includes incrementally narrowing our right to bear arms and our right to hunt, has their head stuck in the sand. They will slowly and deliberately ad a law here and a law there that at the time doesn't seem to threaten but when taken as a whole and compared to what it was 30 years ago totals a huge infringement of our rights.

I will be a proud Tennessean when we vote in November to amend the state constitution to guarantee Tennesseans a "constitutional right" to hunt and fish.

#26 ·
I will be a proud Tennessean when we vote in November to amend the state constitution to guarantee Tennesseans a "constitutional right" to hunt and fish.
Currently, Tennessee doesn't have any State, "Right to hunt or fish laws" but if enough people get out and vote this could change for the people of Tennessee in Novermber, the other states that will be voting for hunting and fishing laws this November are Arizona, Arkansas and South Carolina...
The key to change is getting people out to VOTE...

Here's a list of current states that have enacted Statewide hunting and fishing laws...

G
#24 · (Edited)
this discussion as taken place before about right v privileged. so to buckshots point about rights can't be taken away go jack a deer out of season or with out a tag or where its illegal to hunt, and see if your "right" can't be taken away. thats why i say its a privilege granted to each of us by each other.

#30 ·
Not sure what your point is here Ronn, of course if you violate the law you may loose your rights just ask any felon. I disagree with your position that you and I grant a privilege to each other, currently I purchase my privilege from the state of Tennessee and you ain't got anything to do with it.:biggrin:

#29 ·
I know and I hope you gather up all your friends, enemies, neighbors, in laws, outlaws and drag them all to the voting centers. :lol: :lol:

all kidding aside Good luck to all the states voting for these amendments this November..

#32 ·
"But I will say this, if anyone tried to take away my rights to feed my family, or tried to legislate me out of my 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms.... lets just say. Out of my cold dead hands."

I totally agree with this part of a posting somewhere on page two of this thread. I have a picture that to me says it all. The picture is captioned "Two Things to Which I'll Cling". The picture shows only a man from his hip to his chest, but the man had a pistol on his belt and he was holding onto a Bible.

#33 · (Edited)
I'm pretty easy to get along with until they ban firearm ownership, hunting, fishing, then I become a criminal. If this upsets some here so be it that's my integrity and credibility and putting it on the line.:wink: Just remember that it was a bunch of rebels who decided that the current laws at the time were no longer acceptable and decided to revolt and create a new country, this one. Were they criminals? You bet they were. Were they right?

#34 ·
I'm pretty easy to get along with until they ban firearm ownership, hunting, fishing, then I become a criminal. If this upsets some here so be it that's my integrity and credibility and putting it on the line.:wink: Just remember that it was a bunch of rebels who decided that the current laws at the time were no longer acceptable and decided to revolt and create a new country, this one. Were they criminals? You bet they were. Were they right?
HM, kind of off subject but Newt speaks of that very thing.... George Washinton crossing the Deleware... worth a listen.

YouTube - Newt Gingrich: Impeach judges - Crush and Replace the Left - 2012 "Victory or Death!" Pt.5

I think I pasted it right, grins.

#39 ·
we agree

the one thing this post has done which is beneficial is make us realize whether we agree with each others views is irrelevant we must all stand together.any hunter who doesnt break any laws and shed bad light on our sport is my brother.they would like nothing better than to have gun laws like in britain.this fight is neverending.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.