if hunting were banned - Page 4 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:23 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Not sure what your point is here Ronn, of course if you violate the law you may loose your rights just ask any felon. I disagree with your position that you and I grant a privilege to each other, currently I purchase my privilege from the state of Tennessee and you ain't got anything to do with it.
well not me but other tennesseans.

i like the idea of states making it constitutional, putting it in their constitutions. it goes a long way to protect states from the feds. but as bb said any law, constitutional or otherwise, can be repealed or voted out. if you believe our rights come from the creator, as i do, then how can having a state, which is the people of that state, grant you the right to hunt and fish, be a right? its kinda an oxymoron. thats all i'm saying or the way i look at it. hunting can be called a right, called privledge, or anything other word as long as we're sticking together to continue to hunt.

Last edited by ronn; 08-03-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2010, 07:37 PM
B&C 140 Class

"But I will say this, if anyone tried to take away my rights to feed my family, or tried to legislate me out of my 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms.... lets just say. Out of my cold dead hands."

I totally agree with this part of a posting somewhere on page two of this thread. I have a picture that to me says it all. The picture is captioned "Two Things to Which I'll Cling". The picture shows only a man from his hip to his chest, but the man had a pistol on his belt and he was holding onto a Bible.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:48 PM

I'm pretty easy to get along with until they ban firearm ownership, hunting, fishing, then I become a criminal. If this upsets some here so be it that's my integrity and credibility and putting it on the line. Just remember that it was a bunch of rebels who decided that the current laws at the time were no longer acceptable and decided to revolt and create a new country, this one. Were they criminals? You bet they were. Were they right?

Last edited by Hunting Man; 08-16-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:44 AM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
I'm pretty easy to get along with until they ban firearm ownership, hunting, fishing, then I become a criminal. If this upsets some here so be it that's my integrity and credibility and putting it on the line. Just remember that it was a bunch of rebels who decided that the current laws at the time were no longer acceptable and decided to revolt and create a new country, this one. Were they criminals? You bet they were. Were they right?
HM, kind of off subject but Newt speaks of that very thing.... George Washinton crossing the Deleware... worth a listen.

YouTube - Newt Gingrich: Impeach judges - Crush and Replace the Left - 2012 "Victory or Death!" Pt.5

I think I pasted it right, grins.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
HM, kind of off subject but Newt speaks of that very thing.... George Washinton crossing the Deleware... worth a listen.

YouTube - Newt Gingrich: Impeach judges - Crush and Replace the Left - 2012 "Victory or Death!" Pt.5
I think I pasted it right, grins.
not off subject at all, it's a great post SM, thanks for sharing it.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:12 AM

SM, you knew I'd like that one!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:54 AM
B&C 140 Class

There's a bunch of those in there. I listened to them til I got burned out or fightin mad, lol
Old 08-17-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
the original question here only asked about banning hunting but like you HM,
If it ever comes down to losing my weapons, then I'm willing to become a criminal also,
And like it or not that's where this dude draws the line between my Rights and their Wrongs!

Old 08-17-2010, 10:51 AM
B&C 160 Class

Thumbs up we agree

the one thing this post has done which is beneficial is make us realize whether we agree with each others views is irrelevant we must all stand together.any hunter who doesnt break any laws and shed bad light on our sport is my brother.they would like nothing better than to have gun laws like in britain.this fight is neverending.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:10 PM
B&C 160 Class

That would be a real sore subject the day the government said i could not hunt on family owned ground......
The tea party would be over flowing to take back this country