if hunting were banned - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:11 AM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehorse View Post
Time to lighten this subject up a bit.
Now that the subject of Prohibition has been brought up and we are spending a lot of time talking about a hypothetical, how about this question: If you had a choice between losing your Second Amendment rights or a return to Prohibition, which one would you choose?
I imagine for some of us, if Prohibition were reinstated, we'd want to keep our guns so we could shoot ourselves, but if we lost our guns, we'd need the have plenty of booze to dull the pain!
i would gladly give up booze long before i would ever give up my guns. ok i read the poll thread that started this one. i cant speek for anyone elce, but when i say that "i would hunt to feed my family" i was refering to a toltal break down of sociaty, and we all had to live off the land. other wize i would not hunt if it was illegal. but if they tryed to ban guns for any reason, i would fight it till my dieing breath.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2010, 12:56 AM
B&C 140 Class

My honest intention for this thread was not designed to bait anyone into changing their beliefs or stances. it was designed to encourage the reader to search themselves in a situation of extreme cuircumstances and determine to what extent they would support (by abiding) a law change
that clearly denied them of their rights. even with the knowledge the law was irreversable.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:19 AM
B&C 160 Class

In this day and time of an over reaching federal government, PETA and the humane society all wanting to take away personal freedoms and rights, it is not inconceivable that some ridicules law may be passed that would curtail our "Right" to hunt. I say "right to hunt" because I believe that it is a right to hunt not a "privilege". Privileges can be taken away where a right cannot.

Anyone who believes that there is not a progressive left agenda that includes incrementally narrowing our right to bear arms and our right to hunt, has their head stuck in the sand. They will slowly and deliberately ad a law here and a law there that at the time doesn't seem to threaten but when taken as a whole and compared to what it was 30 years ago totals a huge infringement of our rights.

I will be a proud Tennessean when we vote in November to amend the state constitution to guarantee Tennesseans a "constitutional right" to hunt and fish.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:15 PM
ronn

this discussion as taken place before about right v privileged. so to buckshots point about rights can't be taken away go jack a deer out of season or with out a tag or where its illegal to hunt, and see if your "right" can't be taken away. thats why i say its a privilege granted to each of us by each other.

Last edited by ronn; 08-03-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:10 PM
B&C 120 Class

I'd have to live with it but man I think I'd be crying all the time rofl.
ROFL Jacob would just plain out have a fit rofl you know him and his hunting lol.

RONN LOL what cha been up to

Last edited by HuntingGal&HuntingKid; 08-03-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
I will be a proud Tennessean when we vote in November to amend the state constitution to guarantee Tennesseans a "constitutional right" to hunt and fish.
Currently, Tennessee doesn't have any State, "Right to hunt or fish laws" but if enough people get out and vote this could change for the people of Tennessee in Novermber, the other states that will be voting for hunting and fishing laws this November are Arizona, Arkansas and South Carolina...
The key to change is getting people out to VOTE...

Here's a list of current states that have enacted Statewide hunting and fishing laws...

Old 08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
B&C 120 Class

Thanks B.B
Old 08-03-2010, 01:55 PM
B&C 160 Class

Bruce
That is what I said. The Tennessee legislature has put an amendment on the ballot in November to amend our constitutuion for the right to hunt and fish.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Bruce
That is what I said. The Tennessee legislature has put an amendment on the ballot in November to amend our constitutuion for the right to hunt and fish.
I know and I hope you gather up all your friends, enemies, neighbors, in laws, outlaws and drag them all to the voting centers.

all kidding aside Good luck to all the states voting for these amendments this November..

Old 08-03-2010, 02:04 PM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
this discussion as taken place before about right v privileged. so to buckshots point about rights can't be taken away go jack a deer out of season or with out a tag or where its illegal to hunt, and see if your "right" can't be taken away. thats why i say its a privilege granted to each of us by each other.
Not sure what your point is here Ronn, of course if you violate the law you may loose your rights just ask any felon. I disagree with your position that you and I grant a privilege to each other, currently I purchase my privilege from the state of Tennessee and you ain't got anything to do with it.