if hunting were banned - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:48 PM
B&C 140 Class

I would go anyway there is no way anyone will for any reason take that away from me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2010, 08:08 PM
B&C 140 Class

I guess I would die a vigilante death or move.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:57 PM
B&C 160 Class

iv been keeping my eye on this topic, but have refrained from posting cause there are so many possible ways this sinario could be interpreted. and i dont know what other topic lead to this one, or it it was an atempt to bait Ronn and Bruce into chainging there views on somthing. but if my right/ privalige to hunt or fish recreationaly were taken away. i would try to work it out the legal way, and obay the law till it got over turned. and i totaly respect Ronn and Bruce for sticking to there pricables. but will say this, if anyone tryed to take away my rights to feed my family, or tryed to legislate me out of my 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms.... lets just say. Out of my cold dead hands.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:55 AM
B&C 140 Class

Im not trying to bait anyone into changing their veiws, I am mearly attempting to expand their veiws beyond the here and now. as I stated in the last ammendment to the post, the law was crafted so that it could not EVER be overturned in future diplomatic processes. plain and simply put, the basic question is this. you can abide by the law and choose never to hunt or fish again or you can break the law and hunt and fish forever more. no in betweens and no changing the law back by political dueprocess.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
Im not trying to bait anyone into changing their veiws, I am mearly attempting to expand their veiws beyond the here and now. as I stated in the last amendment to the post, the law was crafted so that it could not EVER be overturned in future diplomatic processes. plain and simply put, the basic question is this. you can abide by the law and choose never to hunt or fish again or you can break the law and hunt and fish forever more. no in betweens and no changing the law back by political dueprocess.
It's ok Predator you can admit that you tried baiting me or ronn, it became obvious when you amended your original post adding the clincher that was the bait to try and change my/our views..
But your "never be allowed to hunt again Law" is related to another Law called "Prohibition", when written it was worded so it could never be changed BUT through the power of the voting people "Prohibition" was changed by the power of the people, through a political process the voting "Majority" voted against it.

I should note that many States have individual Hunting & Fishing laws within their State Constitutions.
Since 1777 Vermonts have had a Right to hunt and fish, Vermont was the first Individual State to Guarantee by law a hunters right to hunt and a fishermans right to fish.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:38 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
It's ok Predator you can admit that you tried baiting me or ronn, it became obvious when you amended your original post adding the clincher that was the bait to try and change my/our views..
But your "never be allowed to hunt again Law" is related to another Law called "Prohibition", when written it was worded so it could never be changed BUT through the power of the voting people "Prohibition" was changed by the power of the people, through a political process the voting "Majority" voted against it.

I should note that many States have individual Hunting & Fishing laws within their State Constitutions.
Since 1777 Vermonts have had a Right to hunt and fish, Vermont was the first Individual State to Guarantee by law a hunters right to hunt and a fishermans right to fish.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:01 PM
B&C 140 Class

Time to lighten this subject up a bit.
Now that the subject of Prohibition has been brought up and we are spending a lot of time talking about a hypothetical, how about this question: If you had a choice between losing your Second Amendment rights or a return to Prohibition, which one would you choose?
I imagine for some of us, if Prohibition were reinstated, we'd want to keep our guns so we could shoot ourselves, but if we lost our guns, we'd need the have plenty of booze to dull the pain!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:34 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehorse View Post
Time to lighten this subject up a bit.
Now that the subject of Prohibition has been brought up and we are spending a lot of time talking about a hypothetical, how about this question: If you had a choice between losing your Second Amendment rights or a return to Prohibition, which one would you choose?
I imagine for some of us, if Prohibition were reinstated, we'd want to keep our guns so we could shoot ourselves, but if we lost our guns, we'd need the have plenty of booze to dull the pain!
hahahaha .
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:11 PM

Well if I cant hunt or fish I'll just go down to the creek and play horse shoes and BBQ and drink beer till I puke........now who's with me?!?!?!?!?
Old 08-02-2010, 09:50 PM
B&C 120 Class

Oh man,If hunting was banned,
If you ever seen a woman cry, it isnt a pretty sight because then Id get pissed in 5 sec bahahahaha