i think - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:58 PM
ronn

Default i think

i think we should ban deer hunting with dogs. while we're at it ban hunting over bait. hey those guys that sit way up in the trees ambushing deer are unethical. that ain't fair at all. deer drives real fair ganging up on a poor little woodland creature. wait hunters use guns?????? we need to put a stop to that. deer can't out run a bullet. great lessen for the kids because we are smarter and have opposable thumbs to build guns we can just go around shooting animals. what kind of generation are we raising? oh yea we should have to cut the antlers off and leave them in the woods cause the chippers and squirrels need to eat too. hunting should only be hand to hoof and if the hunters turns out victorious he HAS to eat the whole thing. meat, lights, chitlins, tripe, liver, marrow, make head cheese and eat that too. because it should only be legal to hunt only if you're hungry. oh and you can't have any help. no one can scout for you, hang your stands, wait that wrong cause stands are unethical and we banned them. everyone has to do it my way or you are unethical

yea like thats the right way to think
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2010, 09:07 PM

You wanna talk about nonsense, there's a whole lot of it..

Old 07-22-2010, 09:13 PM
ronn

finally something we agree on
Old 07-22-2010, 11:52 PM
B&C 140 Class

Actually it made real good sense to me.

NOT!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 04:54 AM
B&C 160 Class

Maybe when we cant own guns anymore or hunt we will realize how trivial these issues are,and that we should have stuck together.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:57 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
Maybe when we cant own guns anymore or hunt we will realize how trivial these issues are,and that we should have stuck together.
aint that the truth.As hunters we should be sticking togeather to fight the antis that or trying to take that away from us and not worrying about what hunting method other hunters or using as long as it is a legal means of taking game.If we dont there will be no legal means or anything to hunt with except rocks
Old 07-24-2010, 01:10 PM
B&C 100 Class

I agree to stick together on gun rights but I'm having a hard time agreeing with everyone. I try to stay out of some of these posts all though I do enjoy reading them. Isn't this what our country was built on , diversity and the ability to speak our minds. Does this mean that we must all agree? I think not. There seems to be some posts here that "do as I say not as I do" . We must respect others opinions and take the high road when we disagree. To shoot a small deer to one hunter may mean something totally different to the next. Quality deer management to one may be to harvest only what is allowed legally and to another it may be to wait until full maturity to harvest . Either way its in the eyes of the beholder.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:18 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntr- View Post
I agree to stick together on gun rights but I'm having a hard time agreeing with everyone. I try to stay out of some of these posts all though I do enjoy reading them. Isn't this what our country was built on , diversity and the ability to speak our minds. Does this mean that we must all agree? I think not. There seems to be some posts here that "do as I say not as I do" . We must respect others opinions and take the high road when we disagree. To shoot a small deer to one hunter may mean something totally different to the next. Quality deer management to one may be to harvest only what is allowed legally and to another it may be to wait until full maturity to harvest . Either way its in the eyes of the beholder.
i don't understand how the "do as i say not as i do" fits. i have never said anyone had to shoot only big bucks or any other particular age class or sex of deer in any certain killing method. i have killed button bucks, yearling bucks, does and a couple pretty big bucks with different weapons. i have also passed button bucks, yearling bucks, does and probably what would have been my biggest buck, 140 class well over 200 lbs, to date, with different weapons. passed, let him walk, choose not to shoot. do i regret passing on any of them nope not even a little. it was the right thing for me to do. do i regret shooting a couple of the ones i have shot, perhaps, but they were tasty.

that has been the point all along. let the hunter on the hunt decide, within the law and the rules agreed to, how this hunt will unfold without being called unethical or looked down upon by other hunters.

i have said forethought should be put into it before the trigger is squeezed. things like how does taking this one or that one effect the overall health of the deer herd, can i do better in these woods, should i settle, even though i can legally kill a doe what is the management goal of the powers that be and does this help or hurt that effort, or do i even care? as i said not to justify it to me or anyone else but to themselves. i have also said shooting year and half old bucks where one has very liberal doe tags then complain about only having small bucks makes no sense.

some folks will always think their way is the only correct way and if you color outside those lines you are bad/unethical. guess there is no getting around that.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:05 PM
B&C 100 Class

Put brakes on a minute ronn. I never even insinuated that it was you that I was speaking about.I thought that you and I having hunted together a lot in the past that we seemed to be pretty much on the same page with this .That's why I said that I stay out of these discussions because people start taking these issues personally and out of context just because of the order that comments were posted. I try to stay neutral and listen to make any decision on these posts . I also will not personally attack any member's by screen name on an open post, these things should be handled with in private posts. The issue I was speaking of ties in with older posts of opinions on management and what each individual defines it as. What the point of my post was that to each his/her own and that we should respect another hunters decision (not directed towards you) , but we don't have to always agree. Kind of like our kids,we always don't like their decisions but we back them up.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:37 PM
ronn

no problems, i just didn't understand. i didn't think anything was necessarily pointed at me. i was trying to understand your point. and now i do. that cleared it up nicely