i have a chance - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:51 PM
ronn

Default i have a chance

to go to wolf creek in ohio this fall to film and bow hunt. the cost isn't that bad for the deer that are running around. the guy that asked me to go shot a 164ish last year and he got it on film. pretty cool. its not a walk in to that stand and sit deal. its a this is the farm this is what we know about it do your thing. I don't think i'm going to do it because I've already planned on 2 different weeks in pa and one in md. but man i would really really like to go on this hunt. who knows maybe something will happen and i will make it. pa is a meat for the freezer hunt but md could be a mix of both. whack and stack does and/or big bucks. so much hunting to do so little time and $$. someday i'll be telling you about my up coming trip to mt to hunt with my friend onehorse. got to keep scratching those tickets. grin
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2010, 06:58 PM
ronn

just got me pa licenses on line. the draw for doe tags is the end of the month. if i don't get drawn i may put all my eggs in one basket and go to ohio.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:55 PM

Good options you have all around it sounds like. Is the ohio hunt only a once ever so often chance that comes around? It would be real tempting if it is and you can plan your other hunts for next year again.

What you gonna be hunting with onehorse?
Old 07-13-2010, 02:03 PM
ronn

yea pretty much a one shot deal, but it is going to cost me. in this ecconomy i can't see laying out too much money.

heck it wouldn't mater what we hunt. i think it would be a great time.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:43 PM

Ronn are you saying 2 weeks in PA & 1 week in MD are FREE
if so you need to let me know how you do it
if this is a once in a life time so to say hunt why not give up a week in PA
OR can you transfer tags in PA like you can in NY?
I will be in western NY for first week in Nov. for archery season you could give me your PA tags while you are in Ohio & I will take care of PA & NY
Ronn you don't have to answer right now sleep on it
so what are you going to do WELL????
Hey what ever you decide it is all about the experience & having fun
have you decided yet my offer is still open J/K but really I personally would have to think hard about Ohio
Old 07-13-2010, 05:29 PM
ronn

pa and md aren't free but its not much.

pa license and tags 180ish but that covers spring turkey, gas 60ish, room/cabin 160ish for a week. split cooking and meals got to eat where ever you are. 2 weeks turned into 1. my buddy wants a week of father son week so its cool. heck i may break md into 2 weeks. their season ends the end of jan. so thats what 400 bucks?

md is 180ish for license covers spring turkey, stay free thanks to my bud, gas 150ish, food 80? usually take my bud and his wife out to dinner. thats what 410?

md is unlimited does and 10 bucks i believe with a bow. pa one buck 3 points one side and i'm figuring 2 doe tags but its a draw.

Ohio is going to total out about 2300 which is a good deal for what we're getting. basically a private farm to ourselves thats being managed for real whoppers for a week. hunt, travel, rooms, meals, all the help we need. which is why i say in this economy????????????? who knows what the future may bring. heck the offer may come up again next year. i think i'm going to pass unless something real great happens. just can't justify the hunt.

then there is still home to hunt.

Last edited by ronn; 07-13-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:40 PM

I hear ya Ronn just busting chops PA trip costs about what we spend in western NY & we usually get 3 tags ea. when you figure 2300 to go one state over it does sound expensive but I know the deer quality is probably worth the extra I am not really liking to shell out even the $500-$600 for NY but it is a week away from everything so I am not passing it up
Old 07-13-2010, 07:13 PM
B&C 160 Class

You boys come to Tennessee I'll take you hunting for a whole lot less than that.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:18 PM

Hear that Ronn
we can go to TN for less then $400
I am there sign me up do I need to start walking now LOL
Old 07-13-2010, 07:57 PM
ronn

thats a good deal. buckshot got a real nice one last season.

i got a buddy that lives in tn. front his front porch he can spit into va and nc. I'm a member of a culb in southwest va and i could hunt there. its a mater of optimizing my time and money i can afford to spend on hunting.