what? - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:36 AM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrader2002 View Post
Have to admit that I had to "google" B.A.C.A. But found out that it's such a worthwhile cause. Thanks, "huntNH"!
no prob, ihad a great childhood, i got 2 kids, and am doing my best for them. i figured if there was a groop out there that helps kids who have been abused that i could join i would. then i found B.A.C.A. and i am proud to be one of there newest members. any why for any one who is interested in what we do.

this is the we site. you can click on the about baca link to read about the groop.
Bikers Against Child Abuse - BACA International Website
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2010, 12:28 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt NH View Post
work, then school then a ride from manchester to wolfborow to get finger printed for a FBI backround screening to join B.A.C.A. today.
Why do you have to be finger printed and a background check?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:14 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Why do you have to be finger printed and a background check?
probably to make sure he's not some sort of pedophile. cya for the organization.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:16 PM
B&C 160 Class

it is required for all new members to go through this. one like ronn stated to make sure your not a pedifile. 2 to make sure your not a violent crimanal. the last thing these kids need to see is more violence.(we only use force to defend the child or our selfs if forced into it by the abuser) and 3 to make sure you are serious about joining. your not going to give someone your prints and backround unless you realy mean bissness about joining them. they basicly told me they dont care if i got busted with a bag of dope when i was 18, they just want to make sure im a good guy.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:36 PM

Sounds like a great organization and I applaud the background checks but requiring Fingerprints, that's going a little too far I think.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:48 AM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt NH View Post
it is required for all new members to go through this. one like ronn stated to make sure your not a pedifile. 2 to make sure your not a violent crimanal. the last thing these kids need to see is more violence.(we only use force to defend the child or our selfs if forced into it by the abuser) and 3 to make sure you are serious about joining. your not going to give someone your prints and backround unless you realy mean bissness about joining them. they basicly told me they dont care if i got busted with a bag of dope when i was 18, they just want to make sure im a good guy.
I looked over the link you posted, seems like a good organization. I see nothin wrong with the requirements, just seemed a bit over kill. Can't be too sure nowadays I reckon, you never know who you're dealin with, it's good to check. I deal alot with the local chapter of Hells Angels down here. I must say they're a pretty good bunch of guys. Do quite a bit for the community and individuals as well. Not the most upstanding people around but I'd trust them more than most.