the uninformed !!! - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:34 PM
B&C 140 Class

I agree with everyone. Had a conversation with my father not long ago when he told me to come over for a dinner but not to talk about hunting, shooting, guns, etc because some of the other family members did not like it because they were big PETA people. My reply was fine I won't come at all. You know where I live if you want to see me but don't bring the family because I don't want those parasites in my house. Harsh? YES! That's how I feel. Be proud of who you are and to heck with the rest. There is no need to tip toe around about our love for this great sport and heritage. Teach your children to be proud of who they are and what they believe in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2010, 05:27 PM
B&C 100 Class

ahhhh see here in canada they have to gothrough a apprenticeship from 12 to 16 then they get they re own licence and don t share your bag limit anymore and he still can t buy his own fire arm till 18 he has to use mine and he is so saftey concious maybe a lil too much but i prefer that than not enough . nice to meet ya redman.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:32 PM
B&C 100 Class

i woulda said dad i belong to PETA too lol people eating tasty animals lol its my response to peta lol
Old 02-20-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmi View Post
I agree with everyone. Had a conversation with my father not long ago when he told me to come over for a dinner but not to talk about hunting, shooting, guns, etc because some of the other family members did not like it because they were big PETA people. My reply was fine I won't come at all. You know where I live if you want to see me but don't bring the family because I don't want those parasites in my house. Harsh? YES! That's how I feel. Be proud of who you are and to heck with the rest. There is no need to tip toe around about our love for this great sport and heritage. Teach your children to be proud of who they are and what they believe in.
I'm afraid my reply would have been, Dad, if they can arrive as peta patrons I should be able to arrive as myself too, a Hunter.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:41 AM
B&C 100 Class

Teach your kids the valid agruements for hunting and gun ownership. Explain why we have the second amendment, which is very relative in todays political environment. They're never to young to learn history, law, and the importance of hunting as a conservation tool.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:18 PM
B&C 160 Class

i dont exacty know about teching a young kid that the second admendment is there to keep the Govt. from growing to big for its britches. but i would definatly teach them that being a gun owner is nothing to be ashaimed of.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:04 PM
B&C 140 Class

Me??? I'm just glad that I don't have to worry about running into ANYONE from PETA in my family. Too many of us are "native Texans" (or got here as soon as they could) and have our own opinions about that organization. (None of which I can put in print here!)