needed - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:19 PM

I pay something like $126 to archery hunt PA. Maybe you could try something like that, like ronn said, short trips. I enjoy fishing as well as hunting so it helps blend in the down time. It really helps to find a hunting/fishing buddy, it just makes things a hole lot more fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2010, 05:08 PM
B&C 100 Class

Upland bird hunting is a lot of fun , the cost is relatively low and its great exercise. The down side if there is any is that it takes away some of the time for bow hunting , as it starts Oct. 1 st and runs into DEC. If its pheasant than your best bet is in the first four weeks as this is when they stock , after that pheasants tend to put on some distance and travel well out of the area. It does sharpen your point and shoot skills along with lots of good leg exercise .I love being out there with my german shorthaired pointer and watching him work. Its a trade that I accepted when I got him and started training him. It is a commitment that you should stick with if you want to succeed and do well. All that aside pheasant , woodcock , and ruffed grouse are DELICIOUS. I can not justify spending hundreds of dollars to hunt different states for $100 dollars of meat taking into consideration the cost to process the meat , the gas , wear and tear on the truck and lost time at work when I have a mortgage and two kids. I live in a desolate area for deer also , but manage to harvest quite well, mostly every year . legally, and cost effectively. I guess what it boils down to is you get out of it what you put into it and that you have fun and don't be to hard on yourself when failure is the final outcome.