Hunting... a Right or a Privilege? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:02 PM

Default Hunting... a Right or a Privilege?

Lets see how you see this one? If hunting is a right, why. If it is a privledge can it be taken away?
Old 02-07-2010, 03:09 PM
ronn

i'm going with a privilege.

why because you are licensed to hunt. just as driving is a privilege and it can be taken away from you for various good reasons, so too with hunting. both should be treated with respect and with great responsibility.

good question, hm.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:26 PM
B&C 140 Class

Its a God given right.
in the most basic needs of life, you can survive without driving, so hence driving is a privledge.
hunting and fishing on the other hand such as gathering is the most basic of God given rights to survive. we only allow the state and federal governments to provide for licensing to maintain some form of game management and greed management.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:55 PM
B&C 140 Class

I have to agree with AIRBOURNE.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:55 PM
ronn

so guys if you break the law and lost your licenses, you think its your right to hunt anyway? if you're a felon and go gun hunting its your right? cause thats what you are saying.

rights can not be taken away, privileges can. the entity taking that away isn't the gov'. its those that support the laws written and passed by those that were elected by the people/other hunters. well its suppose to be anyway. so its the law abiding hunter that is taking that privilege from you, and by you i mean those that lost thier privileges not you as in airbourne and wisconsindeer.

Last edited by ronn; 02-07-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:49 PM
B&C 140 Class

We must be careful what we call a right or a privledge and what we allow the federal, state and local governments to call a right or a privledge. after all a right can be renamed a privledge and thereby taxed, licensed, controled to no means and even revolked. hunting is a right that man has had since the garden of eden when God gave to him and Eve the skin of an animal to cloth themselve with. We allow our state and federal governments the privledge to require a license fee to be paid in order to legaly hunt in a given state. from those license fees we assumne that the game numbers will be managed and the welfare of the states game animals will be monitored and controlled. I do not advocate hunting or fishing without a license, but I refuse to consider it a privledge and I reserve the right to absolve the licesing requirements in the event of something catastrophic such as a high level enviromental disaster of another great depression.

Last edited by Predator; 02-08-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:23 PM
B&C 100 Class

I have purposely not read the other replies to this post so my reply will not be influenced by what others have said. I believe that rights are God given and can't be taken away. priviledges are on the other hand are afforded us by governments and can be taken from us. All I have to say is I believe hunting is a god given right for the siimple reason that in the Book of Acts, chapter 11, verse 4 God tells Peter "rise, kill, eat"
Old 02-09-2010, 12:36 PM

Sir Smackabuck, while I like to agree with your thoughts, the problem is if the federal gonernment outlawed all hunting and you continued to hunt and got caught and throwned in jail what would be your options? If the Constitution was ammended to outlaw hunting what would you do? I'm only asking questions as I don't have the answers either. I simply wanted people to think about hunting and why we need to protect it through good representatives and government. This I do know if my family was starving no law would prevent me from feeding them!
Old 02-09-2010, 01:02 PM
B&C 140 Class

Well as for me I WILL hunt! Even if it means politicians are on the menu.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:13 PM