winding down - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:55 PM
ronn

Default winding down

seasons have ended or are coming to and end. who has what left?

anyone thinking about out of state or special hunting trips? I'm looking to go to pa again. I've been invited to hunt the end of this month in md on the eastern shore. i could always head down and hunt with my buddy in md. i'm laying the ground work for a il hunt somewhere in the future and then i really would like to get out to mt for antelope. and I'm still a member of a hunt club in southwest va. oh and i think i'm headed to pa for a spring turkey hunt. anyone got an extra several thousand just laying around? grin. in due time i'll get there. who knows what will pop up in the up coming year. I'm always hopeful.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2010, 08:23 PM

I'm leaving this Tuesday morning for the PA late season flintlock hunt. They have a foot of snow and its cold. Right now NW Ohio is 10* and 20 mph winds.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:06 PM
B&C 160 Class

I have until Jan. 30. The best thing is most hunters are gone and I have everything to myself. Jan. is a very tuff month to locate mature bucks but with no one mucking up my set ups I'm hoping to bag # 2 for the season. With the lack of food and cover the deer have limited choices so we will see how it goes. Thank goodness for Arctic Shield clothing is all I have to say. BURRRRRRR
Old 01-03-2010, 09:13 PM
B&C 140 Class

deer season on my lease is over the 15th of this month. don't really need anymore meat, so i'll wait till next season. gonna go over to texas and turkey hunt this year. also chase Osceolas here in Florida. fill the time between now and spring chasing hogs around on public land.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:21 PM
B&C 100 Class

I'm going to be hunting PA for most of the next six days, till the season ends. (might as well.....no work available) I don't have a lot of hope for antlers since a lot of the bucks have dropped them by now.

After that, it's time to let my beagles have some fun too. Watch out bunnies!
Old 01-04-2010, 03:22 PM
ronn

man i saw lots of rabbits while deer hunting there in pa. haven't done any rabbit hunting since i was a kid. bunnys and beagles are fun.

good luck guys
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:20 PM
B&C 140 Class

This is the last weekend for bow in Illinois. still have severeal inches of snow on the ground and it is supposed to be frostbite cold this weekend with the windchill. I am trying to decide whether to climb a tree or stay on the ground and out of the wind.

Good luck all, as your seasons expire.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:54 PM
B&C 100 Class

Modern Gun is done in AR. Considering Muzzleloading just to get out of the house a bit. Never done that before.

My month of peace in the outdoors went too fast
Old 01-07-2010, 01:53 PM

TN ends on the 10th.. My season is done unless I can get out of work somehow..

I do have that AL deer hunt coming up next weekend. Looking forward to that one. It will be nice to only have to worry about deer hunting for 3 days.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:12 PM
B&C 180 Class

deer is done cept for special firearms on Long island.however small game is still going till feb 28th thinking of doing some squirell sniping with the 22.also want to go phesant hunting at one of those farms with my dad he s getting old i asked him but hes not sure he can handle the walking may have to go by myself,also the big game show season is starting up the biggie is in march
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky